Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2019 10:00:37 PM EDT
I'm curious from Silverado owners, what you have mounted or installed in your truck and why with somethings.
ive been looking at ideas for installing fire extinguisher. But curious about other items as well. I have fire extinguisher under back seat currently but stuffed way in back of full sized cab.
still plan as daily driver...
thank you for you ideas in advance.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife had a 2013 Siverado, and I had the some issues with mounting stuff.  I just stuffed the fire extinguisher under the back seat and put everything else in the across bed tool box.   I guess if I wanted to I could have fitted it Overlandish but it was the wife's truck and recovery gear, plus shovel and axe fit just fine in the tool box.  I did get a 20 ton bottle jack and a 2×10 so I could actually change the tires.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Kidde makes a 5lb fire exitinguisher mount, aamazon for $40-50 I mounted mine under my tonneau cover
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
check out Quick Fists. I used them to mount all sorts of stuff inside my FJ. You can screw/bolt/tie off whatever you need.

They hold tons of weight and very steady. I used 2 of the small ones to hold a shovel and ax on my cargo rack and there was no issue.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Basic truck box.
I just toss shit in it.
FAK etc. Behind drivers seat, under rear bench.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basic truck box.
I just toss shit in it.
FAK etc. Behind drivers seat, under rear bench.
View Quote
You already know tossing things in won't fly. Still not sold on truck box. I like having bed space in case I need it, that and I run a cover.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You already know tossing things in won't fly. Still not sold on truck box. I like having bed space in case I need it, that and I run a cover.
View Quote
I know.
I should take a picture of the inside so your eye can twitch
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Let this thread die, need to ask this question differently
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top