Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2023 12:17:15 PM EDT
We're looking at getting our first camper.  I'm curious if anyone has input on a well kept example of a 1991 Holiday Rambler alumalite trailer.  27', I believe.  It's a dead ringer for this one:

https://www.recreationalvehiclemarket.com/vehiclev2-2-1991-Used-Holiday-Rambler-Aluma-Lite-Travel-Trailer-in-Texas-TX-116565377.html

My cousin currently owns it.  He can get a bit OCD with research/analysis (as can I).  His mom (my aunt) worked at an RV facility for a while so we've heard horror stories of the cheap furring-strip-and-staples construction of most campers.  He's of the opinion that this unit is of superior construction, so even though it's older, it's a "better" overall base platform.  

Last night we were having dinner with family friends, and the discussion turned to campers (this is an avid camping crew, although completely separated from the owner of the one I'm looking at).  Somewhat to my surprise, when I discussed the unit I was interested in several of them spoke up about it, in much the same way my cousin does.  Not sure if I should consider that independent confirmation, or just friends wanting to reinforce my desires.  lol

I'm just curious if any of you "in the know" camper types (who are removed from the situation) would have any input on this unit.  Assuming it's in excellent condition, what should I expect to pay for it?  I've seen values from $3k to $10k for units that appear identical, so I assume in this age range it's all about maintenance and condition.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I once met a guy that transported travel trailers, and even drove motorhomes around America for delivery, it’s how he made his living.
I simply asked him, what he thought was the best medium level consumer priced travel trailers and motorhomes on the market?

He said his opinion was the holiday rambler was probably the best value and best built of all of the mix of Winnebago and Jayco and all the dozens of other brands he had familiarity with..
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That's good to hear.  The seller is usually pretty objective, but I know -nothing- about these things.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
On the off chance anyone else has input.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top