Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2022 8:14:20 PM EDT

14 MHz pedestrian mobile with a quarter wave vertical
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]

A few weeks ago I was hearing a guy in CA that said he was bicycle mobile. Some sort of recumbent bike I think he said.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
"Australian Spiderman" has some great videos, he's all about QRP, PM, and doing more with less in ham radio.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I did that with a 20 meter hamstick on a backpack and made 3 contacts in an hour, the furthest was Panama at 20 watts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Australian Spiderman" has some great videos, he's all about QRP, PM, and doing more with less in ham radio.
View Quote

yep.

I read his QRP book on Kindle a few years ago.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A few weeks ago I was hearing a guy in CA that said he was bicycle mobile. Some sort of recumbent bike I think he said.
View Quote

I worked a guy during FD2020 who was bike mobile in CA. Heard him calling over several hours on 20m.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s amazing what can be done with a few watts and not much of an antenna when conditions are right.

I had a 20m CW QSO with a guy in Montana tonight..sitting on the living room couch with my KX2 and AX1 whip.  I took a short video during our QSO and emailed him the YouTube link, he got a kick out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top