Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 2:16:17 PM EDT
Is anyone hunting with a sbr Grendel? How did it perform?

I want a lightweight rifle, and if I could use a short barrel vs a 16" it would be even better. Most shots would be within 150yds, none more than 300yds. Would plan on using 123gr sst.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 12 inch, and would have no qualms about shooting a deer at 300 with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A good friend and i, both bought the 12.5"grendel kit from pas, for this current deer season.I have yet to shoot anything with mine, but my friends grendel has killed 2, 140" bucks.Both bucks were dead within 25 yards of impact.I reloaded all of the ammo for both of us, using a 100 gr barnes bullet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
This is from another member heavily involved in Grendel and got a lot of others started in it.  I shot mine using 123 SST out of 16" barrel.  There is not enough of a velocity drop between a 12 and a 16" rifle to make a lot of difference, especially if within 2-300 yards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top