Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2022 5:47:47 PM EDT
Last time I ordered 1 quart mylar bags, it was like 6x10 I believe and just ordered more and they are bigger.

Maybe 8x10 but both was supposed to be 1 quart.

I think, they where from a different company. I wouldn't think it'll matter 1 quart is 1 quart.

Anybody else ran into this?
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn’t know they made quart size.  I only ever buy gallon size.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
They do...its crazy cause the bags are alot bigger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]
marketing speak-- this is the closest version we have to at least holds a quart.  It also makes searching inventory sizes a bit easier.

And yep; seen a lot of different shapes, etc.   I would go with the slightly larger size - esp if I intent to re-seal the package.  (Assuming the bag thickness are the same)

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Found out..even though it says 1 quart size bag, it's a half gallon. The company told me this today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
does anyone make Mylar bags on a roll I can use in my food saver?

seems sucking all the air out and sealing under vacuum would be great
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't seen anything like this. It would need to be specialized as regular mylar won't vaccuum seal
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

SteelPak

They are a little thin, 4 mil I think.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Though you generally don't need to vaccum seal mylar for typical applications, there's a trick you can do to get mylar to vacuum seal by cutting a short strip of vacuum bag material and sticking it in the opening of the mylar, has worked pretty well for me
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
How many do you need?  I cut and resealed some 5-6 gallon mylar bags recently into quart sized pouches to make some homemade backpacking meals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top