Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2018 8:47:03 PM EDT
Supposed to be getting my FT891 today, signature required, waited ALL day, on truck for delivery... 8pm rolls around and still no package. Call CS and they are full of it. I said call the f'ing driver and get him out of bed to deliver the package he was supposed to do today... So now I have to settle for Monday after 6pm and PRAY that it shows up in one piece, if at all.

I hate Fedex (or fuckups as I now call them)

Sorry for the rant, but I'd rather not have my radio sitting in a shithole for the weekend when its supposed to be making QSO's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you pay for a Saturday delivery?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it was on the truck "to be delivered" today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be calling the shipper for a freight refund. Sat deliveries usually aren't cheap. It's most likely lost.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd be calling the shipper for a freight refund. Sat deliveries usually aren't cheap. It's most likely lost.
View Quote
More likely it's a lazy ass driver.

I bet OP doesn't live in the city. I've lost count how many times it's been "on the truck" but
doesn't get delivered -- I live far enough out in the boonies that for a saturday delivery
the driver might have to go 10 miles out of his way to drop off one package, and they just
blow it off.

I had a substitute mailman do the same shit, and the real mailman actually came to my place
a few days later and asked me "you don't have a dog, do you? I've never seen one here."
I confirmed no dog, and he shows me that my package wasn't delivered "due to dog in yard."
E.g. they just make up reasons to not deliver stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Is that mail fraud! /s
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

More likely it's a lazy ass driver.

I bet OP doesn't live in the city. I've lost count how many times it's been "on the truck" but
doesn't get delivered -- I live far enough out in the boonies that for a saturday delivery
the driver might have to go 10 miles out of his way to drop off one package, and they just
blow it off.

I had a substitute mailman do the same shit, and the real mailman actually came to my place
a few days later and asked me "you don't have a dog, do you? I've never seen one here."
I confirmed no dog, and he shows me that my package wasn't delivered "due to dog in yard."
E.g. they just make up reasons to not deliver stuff.
View Quote
I had an Amazon package being delivered by the USPO. I was watching tracking. That day I got my regular Mail delivered but no package, looked at the tracking and it stated "location inaccessible". I called my Postmaster and he and I were both puzzled. He ordered the Mailperson (substitute) to return to my house and deliver it. I'm sure said person got their ass chewed too. Said package weighed about 3#, so it certainly wasn't "too heavy" for the lazy delivery person.

Usually the USPO here is great as is UPS. FedEx on the other hand is totally hopeless.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
When I had an office on an Air Force base I used to have all my packages delivered there.

Was watching the tracking on an important delivery (on a Friday of course) and noticed it suddenly changed from Out for Delivery to Customer not home.  

I called the customer service and told the lady that it was an office and there was someone there 24/7.

Turns out the delivery driver had only one package to deliver on the base (mine), so he decided it was too much hassle to go through the security ritual to get on.  She got him turned around and I did get the delivery.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had an Amazon package being delivered by the USPO. I was watching tracking. That day I got my regular Mail delivered but no package, looked at the tracking and it stated "location inaccessible". I called my Postmaster and he and I were both puzzled. He ordered the Mailperson (substitute) to return to my house and deliver it. I'm sure said person got their ass chewed too. Said package weighed about 3#, so it certainly wasn't "too heavy" for the lazy delivery person.

Usually the USPO here is great as is UPS. FedEx on the other hand is totally hopeless.
View Quote
My normal mail guy is awesome as well, and he's a contractor (but he consistently gets the contract for the past 15 years or so.)

FedEx isn't useless but they're by far the ones that pull this stunt most often, if it's showing on truck and it's 3PM on a Friday,
I won't see the package until Monday 90% of the time.

UPS is hit or miss depending on who owns the route at the time, I've had great drivers that not only will attempt
to deliver but will leave cell phone # and the times they'll be in the area so I can intercept a sig-required
package if they missed me, but there's other drivers that act like the FedEx guys.

My old guy never complained, he'd just grunt and say "your ammo is here!" New guys hate me when
I do a bulk purchase of 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't stand FedEx around here, they've gotten a little better but not much.
UPS is my go to.

I saw the other day that Amazon bought a fleet of delivery trucks or something. It's going to get interesting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The last several packages I've had delivered from Amazon have been delivered by Amazon drivers.

But I'd rather have FedEx than UPS in my AO.  I wrote a google review of UPS explaining that I would call them retarded but that would be an insult to retards everywhere.  I paid for 2 day delivery on some wrist braces I was going to use to ease my carpal tunnel syndrome.  UPS sent them to another suburb completely, about 15 miles away.  And it's not like I live in the sticks or something.  So I called them and asked where my package was, gave them my correct ZIP code, and they drove back out to the same wrong suburb again the next day.

I will avoid UPS like the plague around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top