Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome. Thanks for the follow up.  Looks like a perfect fit for the trailer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome. Thanks for the follow up.  Looks like a perfect fit for the trailer.
View Quote
Yep, it is. I had read that a BX23 will fit on a 14' trailer, but at that point you might as well get 16' for 16' lumber. Plus it gives you more space to balance the load. I couldn't be happier with the decision.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, looks great man, you got everything together real well. Tractor looks kick-ass on that trailer, trailer looks kick ass behind the Toyota!
You did well!
Looks like a nice piece of property.
How far is that from your home? How far are you trailing?
How do you keep that property mowed?
What is the main use for the property?
Just being nosy.
I have a few pieces of property I keep mowed.
I rent most of it to a farmer. I just mow the entryways and edges on
3 pieces of raw land, 70 acres, 40 acres, 35 acres, plus a 11 acre driving range and my house.
I move my Kubotas around weekly in the summer, my whole life seems to be mowing or brush-hogging this time of year.
You might need to find the right spot on the trailer to park the Kubota, too far back and the trailer gets squirrely, too far front and the front of the truck gets too light.
It dont matter much on the back roads but you really see it on the highway. Most of the time I just but the bucket against the front rails on the trailer.
Like I said though, I never tie them down.
Congrats man, you did well.
View Quote
Thanks, appreciate it.

That property is only 10 minutes or less from where I'm at now. I bought it planning to build there; it's just over 20 acres, almost all wooded except for the yard area you see in those last pics. Really cool, scenic creek valley in the back. Last year I kept it mowed by hauling a couple of small lawn tractors over there every couple weeks on borrowed single axle trailers. Two of us could mow it in about two hours. By myself with a little 3.5' or 4' mower, it took at least 4 hours, not including the time to go borrow a trailer, go get the tractor, haul it over there, and return it all when I was done. This year I've actually only hauled it over twice so far. I let the grass get a little high for a while when it was raining most weekends. My neighbor across the road has a bigger tractor with a finish mower, so when he saw it got ahead of me he went over and trimmed it down. He's since mowed it a couple of times I think. Pays to have nice neighbors. I can take the BX with mower over now, but it hasn't really needed it yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks

And to answer your question, nope, shouldn't affect it. The hair pin I referred to is the pin pictured with the red arrow pointing toward it. The real weight is being held by the cross pin through the hook. That cross pin came with the hooks; they originally came with cotter pins through the cross pin. The only reason I replaced the cotter pins with the hair pins was so I could remove and replace those pins without tools.

I may yet decide to chop the chains into four 10' sections, but so far I'm liking this system.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a question if we want to keep it going...

For those who have wood decks, what do you treat them with?

I've read of people using deck sealer, paint, used motor oil, even new motor oil. If this was purely an equipment trailer I'd probably strongly consider going the used motor oil route. But for example the other day I used it to haul a bunch of furniture. I'd rather not use something that's going to make it messy, or for that matter too slick when it's wet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I would use something like a deck sealer. If your worried about traction when wet you could look at that deck seal 10x or whatever it's called that looks like it leaves a aggressive texture. Over time with use it will peal but if it keeps just re apply it's a trailer not a home deck so I wouldn't be worried about colors not matching 100% from time to time
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Outdoor floor and porch paint, or that deck renewal stuff.

I would recommend adding traction with whatever you do. Trailer decks become skating rinks when they are wet. Putting some sand in the paint or even sprinkling sand on after painting helps a lot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I generally go looking for a bashed in can of deck stain or something and ask if there is a discount.  I will also go with outdoor type paint.

I have a bag of play sand that fell apart cause I don't use it often but it is what I throw on stuff to add traction.

Gonna do the back porch and wood steps on the place I rent this fall probably and since I rent the landlord gets to make the call but probably deck stain and sand.

Slip and slide sucks.  A lot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
One important lesson . Run the whole operation over a scale. You may be surprised. Usually weight estimates seem to be low.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top