Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Most recently g30sf in an HPG kit bag.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My dedicated pistol is my M&P9
I don't have a dedicated rifle for it yet but I'm looking at a takedown 10/22 and a Mosin Nagant M38.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have a dedicated rifle for it yet but I'm looking at a takedown 10/22 and a Mosin Nagant M38.
View Quote

Go with the takedown!  (if you already have 22lr ammo or can find it)
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been carrying a 1930s era Colt Police Positive in .38 spl. the last year and a half. Size/weight wise it's about the same as the High Standard 9-shot revolver I used to carry out in the woods and on the trapline so it's not like having a boat anchor on your hip. I use a old GI flapped revolver holster for it now.

When I'm out and about these days my concern is more with two-legged critters than 4-legged.

It's tight and a excellent shooter though it ain't much to look at.

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a 1930s era Colt Police Positive in .38 spl. the last year and a half. Size/weight wise it's about the same as the High Standard 9-shot revolver I used to carry out in the woods and on the trapline so it's not like having a boat anchor on your hip. I use a old GI flapped revolver holster for it now.

When I'm out and about these days my concern is more with two-legged critters than 4-legged.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/nwneo8.jpg
View Quote

To each their own, but I'd say that is beautiful to look at!
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a reason I said And
I bought a few federal bulks when Obummer got reelected. Down to three.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read to fast... ARFCOM style- get both...  I hear ya on 22lr...  Down to a few boxes left in the cabnet... really don't want to break into my emergency only ammo can stash
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think a 4" .38 Special loaded with 158 gr. SWCs makes a great trail gun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a S&W 63 4" .22lr revolver that I sometimes use.

Lately I am carrying my G19 with an Accurate Arms .22lr upper more.  Extremely lightweight!

Today I carried my G20 as it is still deer season.  10mm is legal for deer in NH.  We have a stupid system that specifies acceptable calibers by name.  It is stupid as you can't carry a .454 but you can carry a .45 Colt or a .480 Ruger.  

The G20 replaced the S&W K frame .357s I used for years.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. That is a fine looking piece. Character. Lots of character.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beautiful gun, the stories it could tell.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:11:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One or two I would guess. It's a CAI import so it went overseas, likely to some South American police force. The round butt 4" version is sorta rare from what I understand.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:58:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Used to carry a S&W model 10 for years. Here in NW VT there isnt much that a .38 can't handle in the woods. All my kids learned to shoot handguns with it and it broke my heart to have to sell it a few years back due to the economy. These days I tend to carry a SP101 for no particular reason other than it seems to have found its way in to the mussett bag I carry in the woods along with a couple of speed loaders

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

First off, thanks for looking.

What are you guys using for trail gun?

I'm using a G26 and LOVING it, but then again, there are no bears around here.

I'd like to here what you all are using.
HTR.
View Quote

Taurus tracker .44.

Justin
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been eyeing the Rossi Ranch Hand in .38/.357 Can be put into a scabbard on a backpack and drawn easily. I picked one up a couple of years ago, and it is a blast to shoot and dead on balls accurate now that I have the lower rear sight put on it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Used to carry a S&W model 10 for years. Here in NW VT there isnt much that a .38 can't handle in the woods. All my kids learned to shoot handguns with it and it broke my heart to have to sell it a few years back due to the economy. These days I tend to carry a SP101 for no particular reason other than it seems to have found its way in to the mussett bag I carry in the woods along with a couple of speed loaders

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a vintage 4" S&W M&P revolver and a 4" US Navy marked Victory model both in .38 spl.. They are too nice/valuable to carry in the woods.

The thing about the Police Positive is it's size and weight that makes it a joy to carry....And as it already looks worn I don't care if it gets nicked-up a bit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Most recently g30sf in an HPG kit bag.
View Quote

Great combo.  That is my future goal...I've been using a Glock 23 in my Kit Bag but would like to jump up to .45 and the G30 is what I'm looking at.  

ROCK6
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top