Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no issues storing gas in a can marked for water. I know not to drink from it. I needed something better then a shitty red balloon that leaks gas when stored for a few days.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Bringing this back to the original NATO cans the OP posted. My crazy month of travel has ended and I had replaced the gaskets (I had spares) and filled with non ethanol 92 while in Denver. No leaks/no odor on the 1028 mile drive home and happy with how they turned out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.
Website won't accept my card, which has been used for goods and services countrywide.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok so I'm clueless on this stuff, how long can you store gas in here?
Is it ok to keep in the garage with the temps we get here in Las Vegas?

I want one or two to keep around for whatever and to fill up the motorcycle from time to time as well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bringing this back to the original NATO cans the OP posted. My crazy month of travel has ended and I had replaced the gaskets (I had spares) and filled with non ethanol 92 while in Denver. No leaks/no odor on the 1028 mile drive home and happy with how they turned out.
View Quote
Nice! A little bit of periodic maintenance and you have something useful for the rest of your life.  Not bad for $30.00.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I want one or two to keep around for whatever and to fill up the motorcycle from time to time as well.

Thanks
View Quote
Opinions vary (6 months to forever) on how long gas should be kept stored.  There's a lot of discussion about it in the fuel can thread stickie at the top of this forum.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't have any spare gaskets (probably should), but so far so good. I was pleasantly surprised that they weren't particularly degraded after 20+ years.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
Of course YMMV, but I have no issues in Texas (shaded area).

I figure these things got stored a lot worse in the Middle East sun anyway...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top