User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The colony was a great show because you were able to see their thought process and actually see them build their ideas.
View Quote

yessir. I really liked that show. Its available on netflicks.. Fyi.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was interesting.......a video review of the magazine.....specifically some articles
Tim Harmsen of Military Arms Channel did.....

No idea who this is, but an interesting take on how different forms of media
can compliment each other......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANF1QLuHCc

Considering his age and how it appears he's in his basement........he HAS to be an Arfcomer.......
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a copy last night, and have enjoyed it thus far. It's well written, and laid out nicely. The comparison on water filter methods was informative. For further issues, I'd like to see a lightweight, packable shelter comparison, more information on solar panel arrays for BoBs, and maybe you could target certain segments of the prepper population with information for women's BoBs (my wife would enjoy that), or what might be beneficial to have on-hand for young children. Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Walmart carries it...Great cover....wife got misty eyed ....and read it....WIN !
Next cover two dirty kids in front of a camp fire..one holding a dirty one eyed doll
other with a puppy.......WIN !!!....
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Which TV network does your company own?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife picked up a copy of it at Publix for me last week. It looks to be a promising mag if they continue with its publication on a regular bassis. Articles were done very nicely. It will be interesting to see what the next issue has to offer. If they stay with a beginner prepper attitude and basic info it will fail. To many other sources on the Internet to get all the info you need for free. But if they bring on more advanced info it will have a chance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which TV network does your company own?
View Quote

The Sportsman Channel
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Got it during our weekly supply run at Walmart and I really like it so far. +1
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
$12.00!  For a printed magazine this is too much -- maybe why some magazines are going by the wayside!  Most info can be obtained on line -- like here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
barns and noble has it for $8 plus magazine #2of that prepring zombie magazine.
There were about 5 prepping magazines at B&N! I really like living ready
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, I picked up a copy at Walmart.  It was buried on the bottom shelf and it was only visible if you knelt down on your knees.

Edit, I forgot to add that I really liked the magazine.  You have me a bunch of good ideas, wish you the best.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:49:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure I didn't pay that much for it off the shelf at BAM.

Congrats on a successful launch. I look forward to issue 2!

Side note: The action pics of the stocked glock make it look great for a T-Rex to use.  :) Raaaar! Bang bang!

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]
My Walmart is carrying some other "survival" magazine.....I was not impressed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Probably "OffGrid"

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Walmart and any of the large stores which carry magazines should have it.
In stores its quite a bit less than online......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what stores can we find it in nationally?
12$ an issue ..

Walmart and any of the large stores which carry magazines should have it.
In stores its quite a bit less than online......

My copy was $8.99

I'll use it to show others that may be on the fence.

Not much new info for an old prepper like many of us.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My walmart is carrying the new American Survival Guide. My opinion is that it was a total waste of $ 8.99. It says in very small print that it is from the editors of Gun World. Had I read that I would have kept my money in my pocket. I don't buy Gun World for a reason.

I guess it could be used for survival TP. Very hard to wipe your butt with a kindle or laptop.

I will keep my eyes open for the OP's magazine Be Ready. As others have said, I recognized a lot or the contributing writers listed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My walmart is carrying the new American Survival Guide. My opinion is that it was a total waste of $ 8.99. It says in very small print that it is from the editors of Gun World. Had I read that I would have kept my money in my pocket. I don't buy Gun World for a reason.

I guess it could be used for survival TP. Very hard to wipe your butt with a kindle or laptop.

I will keep my eyes open for the OP's magazine Be Ready. As others have said, I recognized a lot or the contributing writers listed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, that's the one. Sucks too because the OLD ASG, was pretty good for many years with Jim Benson at the helm.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Probably "OffGrid"

http://www.offgridweb.com/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably "OffGrid"

nobody could be unimpressed with offgrid, best mag ever
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably "OffGrid"

You're kidding right?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Concept is okay but a magazine is gone the way of the double knit

View Quote
Yeah....and the whole country will be firmly into the metric system ,too.

I dont see magazine and book sales dropping too much more . Besides .....after the power's out for a few days , reading will get expensive if you've got a generator

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the old days Gun World and ASG were sister magazines.....then the new owner killed ASG off......
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#22]
This is an excellent mag.  Far better than OffGrid in my IMO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Picked up a copy of Be Ready on my way home from work today. I am looking forward to reading it over the next few days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Have had my copy for a couple of weeks and it is a good resource, enjoyed the articles on vehicle preparedness. Look forward to the next one. Will it be available for subscription?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top