User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a sap and a collapsible baton in the door pocket of my truck..thinking that's about the only place I may need
such a thing at this stage of life..where I may want to get someone to get their hands of my truck, my wife, my anything
and don't feel shooting them is the correct action.

were I forced t bug out on foot, it is not attached to my go bag nor would I want to carry that weight..rather carry two more mags..
View Quote

Be careful as I believe they are considered a club here in Texas which is illegal for ordinary citizens to carry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
In shtf they take up minimal space and would fit on a duty belt ok. As far as whacking people in regular day, prob best to spray and fight/run. Use more effective measures if facing deadly force threat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The old saw of the hippy hiker ---turned to bear scat with bells in it...

Suggests an ASP carrying Prepper, out cold and bent over, with an ASP sticking out his ass.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not yet.  But due to my wife's car dying last week and a repair it needed, that ate a significant chunk out of the budget.  I have my eye out though.

-Emt1581
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ever buy that little car?

Not yet.  But due to my wife's car dying last week and a repair it needed, that ate a significant chunk out of the budget.  I have my eye out though.

-Emt1581

Now think abt this EMT...

Suppose you had spent the $$$ on that Mickey Mouse emotionally driven toy car FIRST...

Then your wife's car broke down a week or two later?

How would your financial situation be then?????  

I've always said here...

NEVER let yourself get House Poor, Land Poor, or anything else Poor.

Always leave room for financial maneuver, while CONTROLLING your [often childlike] emotions.

Never let the Bank, get you over a barrel. [Bankers LOVE me when I tell them that  

We've seen a major example of this in the past couple weeks, where somebuddy runs a good chance of losing his financial ass, that could have been avoided by following this common sense suggestion.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Always leave room for financial maneuver, while CONTROLLING your [often childlike] emotions.

View Quote

Now I know you were speaking generally there and not trying to be a douche bag...right?

I hear you on poor but the Miata or Subaru or whatever we land on...will serve as the third vehicle.  So if her's breaks down...no problem...use the back-up.  Then we can take our time and I can do the repairs myself rather than being forced to pay a mechanic for overnight work.

As for the major example, I'm really not sure who/what you're referencing.  I haven't been reading many threads lately.  

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#6]
While ASP batons have the capability to pack up and get small, I would rather carry a crowbar.  The crowbar could serve as the offensive weapon like the ASP but with additional functional purposes as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]
No, they are not only illegal to carry but useless.  

If you let someone get that close, you've not handled the situation well. and even if you had one you could not pull it out in time.

If you can't fight hand to hand, it's not going to help you anyway.

In my opinion, not a useful addition...extra weight for nothing back.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top