Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2018 8:53:27 PM EDT
ive been trying to find a dirt cheap cartridge that will work well enough for hunting, and plinking.

ive found a steady supply of wolf 140 grain soft points that i know will work for plinking, but will they be good enough to kill regular sized hogs?

has anyone here used anything like this before?

ETA: I JUST WON A HUNT! independance ranch has a monthly giveaway and i just won!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
ive been trying to find a dirt cheap cartridge that will work well enough for hunting, and plinking.

ive found a steady supply of wolf 140 grain soft points that i know will work for plinking, but will they be good enough to kill regular sized hogs?

has anyone here used anything like this before?

ETA: I JUST WON A HUNT! independance ranch has a monthly giveaway and i just won!
View Quote

Cool nice job. As for pig loads as long as they shoot good I think they will work. Just remember not to expect much on hard angles they require a stout bullet to dig through a lot of flesh. I like the 150gr SST expansion is good and penetrating abilities are fair.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the Wolf SP ammo will be enough for pigs as long as you can put it where it needs to go. If you aren't taking a head shot, put the bullet through the lower part of the shoulder. A hog's vitals are more covered by the shoulder than a deer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Tula .308 165gr soft point with much success. Shoots 1.5MOA out of my frankenstein AR10 build and is cheap as hell. 308 really puts them down. Also don't have to worry about picking up your brass after the shooting.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Back when I carried an M14 in the truck, I probably killed over 100 hogs with South African surplus.

It aint rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Nearly any 308 ammo should work.  As long as it is reasonably accurate from your rifle the Wolf soft point should be fine.
Top Top