Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2024 3:23:20 PM EDT
Hello TX Hometown,

Just wanted to let everyone know xdmikey lost his battle with cancer today.

He was married to my aunt for a majority of my adult life. Introduced me to ARFCOM, and was a major influence on my future career into firearms.

I’m hoping he left a lasting impression on you all. He was a very kind person.

I would hope you all take a lesson and get screened regularly. See your PCP. Get your colonoscopy. Take care of yourself!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry for your loss sir.

I do remember his posts and that I haven’t seen him around in a while.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TX_Falcon556:
Hello TX Hometown,

Just wanted to let everyone know xdmikey lost his battle with cancer today.

He was married to my aunt for a majority of my adult life. Introduced me to ARFCOM, and was a major influence on my future career into firearms.

I’m hoping he left a lasting impression on you all. He was a very kind person.

I would hope you all take a lesson and get screened regularly. See your PCP. Get your colonoscopy. Take care of yourself!
View Quote

Very sorry to hear that.  I remember seeing his posts on here for years.  Cancer sucks.  I lost my first wife to colon cancer so I know it is nothing to take lightly.  I had a colonoscopy last week and had a couple of polyps removed that I haven't gotten the biopsy back on yet.  Dr. wasn't worried though and says I can go 5 years before I need another one.  This one was the 2nd in 4 years because the last couple of them found questionable polyps.  So good news for me this time.  Sorry that xdmikey wasn't as lucky.  He'll be missed.  Give my condulences and I'm sure everyone else's to all of his family.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I just went back and checked my pm's. We had exchanged notes a few years back. I don't remember all the details of our conversation, but looks like he wanted to be in writing and publishing. I hope he achieved everything he wanted.

I never met him, but I'm always saddened when I hear someone from here dies, especially if we engaged in friendly conversation.

Godspeed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck! I'm so sorry. I liked his posts
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
So sorry for your loss. His passing is a loss to us all as well.

Praying for comfort and peace.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn.  RIP
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#8]
RIP xdmikey.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
RIP. Prayers for his family.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:10:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mah827] [#10]
RIP xdmikey. I need to get a colonoscopy soon. I have to find someone to go with me since they will not do it unless you have someone drive you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I had seen several of his posts over the years and he always seemed like a nice dude. A Dad who cared about his family a lot.

Prayers for his Family & friends on his loss.

Rest in Peace XDMIKEY .
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#13]
RIP sir.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Xdmikey was a great member here - Met him several times In Real Life & he was always such nice guy.

Prayers for Xdmikey & his family.  

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#15]
RIP xdmikey, sending prayers.........
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mah827:
RIP xdmikey. I need to get a colonoscopy soon. I have to find someone to go with me since they will not do it unless you have someone drive you.
View Quote

I had both ends done a year apart. It's not a pleasant activity, but it's not horrible. The worst part is cost. I always seem to get screwed on the anesthesiology bill. They seem to charge more than the doctor doing the procedure and it's never an actual doctor doing it, it's a specialty trained nurse.

My old boss at DHS, had something similar. Colon cancer, fought it, got chemo, beat it, went back to work. Fell over in a training class from a heart attack less than a year later. My opinion is the treatment burned him up. Very sad because he was one of the few supervisors I felt was worth a shit over there. He was right around 50 years old himself.

You guys in that 45 - 50 range, go get looked at.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

@mah827  IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Cremora:

@mah827  IM sent.
View Quote

Thank you. I will be in touch.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#19]

@mah827  IM sent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@mah827  IM sent.
XDMIKEY

Seemed like a good dude, my condolences to his family and friends.

@mah827 - If you're in the Houston area and Cremora can't help, and need a ride, I'm happy to help get you to/from the procedure.  Don't fuck around with scheduling a colonoscopy.

Did both ends last year based on family history and a few other factors at 45, it's not really that big a deal.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember plenty of his post and its said to hear he is gone.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear this. I met him once about 10 years ago and he was a great guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top