Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2020 2:38:26 PM EDT
looked on their website & local news, no mention.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Montgomery would be a logical choice but I have no inside knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
oops
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think they did.  I didn't notice a large outgoing move, and I'm living on the west side of Rucker currently.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think they did.  I didn't notice a large outgoing move, and I'm living on the west side of Rucker currently.
View Quote

They didn't. My son is there now in advanced flight training. They did cancel training though. :)
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
kinda suprised; i know it cost $$$ to do that, but an ex-LTC did just that at Ft Hood (years ago) when the Apache first
came out, there were tornado warnings in the area, he kept them on the ground & destroyed alot of the active
inventory mostly broke the blades IRRC
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Montgomery would be a logical choice but I have no inside knowledge.
View Quote

Probably further north.  We were getting 40mph wind gusts.  It was actually supposed to have been worse here, but Sally track was further south.  I did get 7 inches of rain in a 24 hour period.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They didn't evacuate.  Its back to normal operations today. They only shutdown for two shifts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Probably further north.  We were getting 40mph wind gusts.  It was actually supposed to have been worse here, but Sally track was further south.  I did get 7 inches of rain in a 24 hour period.
View Quote

They've previously come up to Huntsville to either the Arsenal or to park at Meridianville Municipal Airfield.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top