Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2020 4:52:49 PM EDT
May have to make a quick run south of Baltimore on Saturday morning.  Heard the police are pulling people over for travelling, (not sure how they know who is going where) but just wondering what you guys are seeing?

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve been driving in VA and southern Maryland all week. I’ve seen a number of Sheriffs, highway patrol and a few municipal cops, have yet to see anybody pulled over at all.  Average speeds have increased on highway 5 and 301 way down here, I guessing because of the fewer number of police, none of the usual speed traps are manned and the fewer number of cars.  Not as abandoned as the Walking Dead, but noticeably fewer humans on the road.

I’ve seen the police all week, though fewer than normal.  I’ve not seen anyone pulled over for a ticket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still going to carroll county a few days a week.  Very light police activity compared to how it usually is.  Haven't seen anyone pulled over.  I dont make it south of Baltimore anymore.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Most LEOs these days are limiting interaction with the public whenever possible. If someone gets pulled over, there is likely a good reason.

I suspect we will see the National Guard at some point if they want to shut down interstate travel.

Simply a coincidence that a pandemic scenario was simulated by many world gooberments about 4 weeks before this all began. Conspiracy theories abound.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Been on the road alot, southern MD.
NRP everywhere but that's about all the LE I've been seeing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I moved between dc and baltimore relatively recently. Still have Jersey plates. No one has bothered me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top