Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2021 3:48:56 PM EDT
Texaschlforum.com has been under duress since the election and has been down the last couple weeks.  

Looks like ARFCOM is having issues today.  

Are there other gun sites that are down?  Would appear to be a cyber attack by anti-gunners and/or anti-Trumpers.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Forums.net is doing some wonky stuff, like making any twitter link invisible
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Texasguntrader seems to be having some troubles tonight as well
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Charles probably just banned it all
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Tech issues, or a forum run by the NRA 1st VP became too much of a hassle, liability, or target.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
texaschlforum.com was back for a few days and is down again.  Was down for a few weeks the first time due to a update failure and corrupted backup.  

Now down again.  This has never happened in the last 15 years.  The timing that coincides with the great online purge is very suspicious.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now down again.  This has never happened in the last 15 years.  The timing that coincides with the great online purge is very suspicious.
View Quote

So you're saying that Charles Cotton is lying when he says it was a phpBB upgrade problem, and it was really shadowy Big Tech forces censoring the site?  What would be the reason for him to lie about that?  

Sometimes it's just a technical problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm kind of surprised anyone still uses that site.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So you're saying that Charles Cotton is lying when he says it was a phpBB upgrade problem, and it was really shadowy Big Tech forces censoring the site?  What would be the reason for him to lie about that?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A very amazingly timed technical problem... because hacking doesn't exist and the purge isn't really happening right now???

I mean China’s main intelligence service had infiltrated more than 100 companies and organizations around the world to steal intelligence, hijack their networks and extort their victims.  That's 100 organizations that we know of, because the subtlety of made the hacking not necessarily obvious to the victim.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm kind of surprised anyone still uses that site.
View Quote

I only use it to get updates on state firearms related bills when the legislature is in session.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
WashPost Columnist Max Boot: Blacklist Fox News ‘as We Do with Foreign Terrorist Groups’

You can hang together or hang separately... the choice is yours.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A very amazingly timed technical problem... because hacking doesn't exist and the purge isn't really happening right now???

I mean China’s main intelligence service had infiltrated more than 100 companies and organizations around the world to steal intelligence, hijack their networks and extort their victims.  That's 100 organizations that we know of, because the subtlety of made the hacking not necessarily obvious to the victim.
View Quote

The site's problems started around Christmas.  The social media purge didn't start until after Jan 6.  I guess your theoretical Chinese hackers could have decided to start the purge two weeks early with a small forum most people have never heard of, but I'm still going to go with "phpBB is a piece of shit and it's unsurprising that an upgrade got fucked up."  FYI, it's not the first time the site's been down, it's happened at least one other time I can think of.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the mysterious Chinese haxx0rs decided to let the site back online again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a member there.  Not surprised.  Haven’t had any issues here
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am having similar issues with a board I run. PhP and mySQL released major upgrades in November that break phpbb 3.2 and earlier. Phpbb 3.3 has not yet been released but the beta version of it solved the php issues with php 8.0 and above, but I am still fighting mySQL 8 issues with the index values from the DB being readable by the board software. The board can't read the forums and posts from the database and sees only the avatars and a few other things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top