Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 9:53:08 PM EDT
I recently came across this video on youtube.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDU__zu0EYk

I was wondering if it would be legal in Connecticut to buy an AR lower and then build a side charged AR like he does in the video. I cannot seem to find anything that would make this illegal, but perhaps someone here knows better?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently came across this video on youtube.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDU__zu0EYk

I was wondering if it would be legal in Connecticut to buy an AR lower and then build a side charged AR like he does in the video. I cannot seem to find anything that would make this illegal, but perhaps someone here knows better?
View Quote
No one is offering one for sale so I would have to go with NO!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang, think so? I was hoping being a straight pull and not semi auto that it would be exempt from the “assault weapons” ban
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I think no one offers it because the market would be small for such a gun.

CT’s AW definition starts with semi-auto. If you assemble a gun with no gas system it then becomes a magazine fed bolt action.

The possibility is the state could say the lower half could be easily converted to semi auto. You could use a fixed magazine and load through the ejection port.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
No incentive to offer them for sale while "Others" are quite functional and lucrative
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hoffman’s had a magazine fed straight pull for sale for a while . There was no real interest in them from what I could see .
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Find an FFL that will transfer you a stripped lower. The simple answer is that you wont unless you are exempt.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find an FFL that will transfer you a stripped lower. The simple answer is that you wont unless you are exempt.
View Quote
Qft

You could possibly find a 22lr marked stripped lower because the caliber being rimfire, is legal to have a pistol grip and semi auto by AW law.
Find a stag 22 rifle that was made at the begining of the ban (good luck). I sold mine to NGX last year.

Goodluck. Contact a lawyer before you do anything  you could be risking your freedoms and get a felony over a damn gun. Goodluck with your ventures.
Sometimes the shit isn’t worth your livelihood
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No incentive to offer them for sale while "Others" are quite functional and lucrative
View Quote
While I thought these were an incredibly silly idea at the time, the amount of money they are generating is staggering.

If you want an AR based weapon, why could you not just get one of these?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe talk to Red Planet Arsenal. They will know what is legal and if so they could build it for you. Yes, they will charge for labor and a profit but having an FFL involve would help cover your ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top