Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2018 12:05:40 PM EDT
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me out regarding some gun laws. I will be passing through on a road trip this summer and want to make sure I am in compliance of local laws.

I am 18 and can OC a handgun here in CO, can a visitor carry in MS? Is there any law that prohibits me from carrying since im 18?

My firearm does NOT need to be in plain view when in a car, as it is considered an extension of your home, is that the case there?

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you so much for the info!
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Welcome to Mississippi!  You can carry openly or concealed. If you carry concealed it must be in a holster. You don’t have to notify if pulled over. It doesn’t have to be openly carried in your vehicle. There are a number of places you can’t carry concealed without a permit and I recommend people use the off limits places as a guide for open carry. If there is a no guns sign (generally) and you don’t have a MS enhanced permit, you can’t carry there.

If you’re coming through Jackson MS, don’t speed and don’t stop and make sure you have a reliable AR with a minimum 5 loaded magazines, 40 round Pmag's preferably, with at least 5 loaded handgun magazines easily accessible. It also wouldn't hurt if your passenger had a similar load out.
View Quote
Fixed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fixed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to Mississippi!  You can carry openly or concealed. If you carry concealed it must be in a holster. You don’t have to notify if pulled over. It doesn’t have to be openly carried in your vehicle. There are a number of places you can’t carry concealed without a permit and I recommend people use the off limits places as a guide for open carry. If there is a no guns sign (generally) and you don’t have a MS enhanced permit, you can’t carry there.

If you’re coming through Jackson MS, don’t speed and don’t stop and make sure you have a reliable AR with a minimum 5 loaded magazines, 40 round Pmag's preferably, with at least 5 loaded handgun magazines easily accessible. It also wouldn't hurt if your passenger had a similar load out.
Fixed.
They are joking, but I'm not. Don't spend the night in Jackson.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

definitely not joking.
View Quote
No, he's not, not one damned bit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#8]
This is the minimum, for me, that I take with me when going to Jackson.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what a typical Jackson run looks like afterwards....if you make it. Good luck and may the force be with you.

Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, is it that bad? I'll be visiting my folks this Christmas but they're in Ridgeland. I used to work in downtown Jackson a couple decades ago and it wasn't bad back then.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Man, is it that bad? I'll be visiting my folks this Christmas but they're in Ridgeland. I used to work in downtown Jackson a couple decades ago and it wasn't bad back then.
View Quote
It's a matter of perspective. I spent a good part of my life in Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN so my definition of "bad" may be different than other's.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice to see Jackson hasn’t changed much.

Is Chokeweed Lubugrious, or whatever his made up bullshit name is, still the mayor up there?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice to see Jackson hasn't changed much.

Is Chokeweed Lubugrious, or whatever his made up bullshit name is, still the mayor up there?
View Quote
  I believe its Shockwave Lumbada.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that how they spelled it on the mayoral ballot?

Haw!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Haw!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haw!!
 IDK. I don't read Swahili.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL. The closest most of those dickheads in Jackson have ever been to Africa is watching Roots on TV.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL. The closest most of those dickheads in Jackson have ever been to Africa is watching Roots on somebody's stolen TV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL. The closest most of those dickheads in Jackson have ever been to Africa is watching Roots on somebody's stolen TV.
 FIFY.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Jackson just hit 84 official murders, and depending on how some shot folks in the ICU do may crack 90 for the year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#19]
One of these days the coast will be stikingly similar to Jackson
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jackson just hit 84 official murders, and depending on how some shot folks in the ICU do may crack 90 for the year.
View Quote
 Any  progress on the Corpseless Head Murder?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Any  progress on the Corpseless Head Murder?
View Quote
They found the body burned less than a mile away. 30 year old black male. Autopsy suggested he may have been alive at the time of decapitation. Minor gunshot wound to the leg on corpse.  As usual nobody seems to know anything about it. My top two guesses are MS13 made an example of someone or part of the whole Kingston Frasier mess. You never know. Maybe the feds know exactly what happened and are trying to roll up a whole bunch of folks, maybe nobody has a clue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top