Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2021 12:03:55 PM EDT
I need to start clearing some "impenetrable" Brazilian Pepper Tree from 5 acres of property I am building on. I would like to have the option of OC while I am doing this as this is semi-rural SW Florida and I don't know what I'll encounter. I have read 790.25(3)(n) but am I correct in my interpretation that it DOES extend to my OUTDOOR property as well?

For the record, I am not a huge fan of OC for myself (no desire to telegraph my armed status to anybody with bad intentions) but I do want to understand exactly what the law regarding it is. Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as it's the property where you reside, you're good to go.  Just watch things like the sidewalk->street as that's usually city owned and not your property.

Property you own but NOT where you reside is a no-no in general.

ETA:   (n)A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;

Underlined part is the key.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as it's the property where you reside, you're good to go.  Just watch things like the sidewalk->street as that's usually city owned and not your property.

Property you own but NOT where you reside is a no-no in general.

View Quote

hmmm. I hadn't considered that

Worst case is I can legally CC but it would be good to have options.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
And there is this...

(j) A person firing weapons for testing or target practice under safe conditions and in a safe place not prohibited by law or going to or from such place;

I speculate that a little target practice each day would improve your aim.  Or with the ammo shortage, maybe just firing one "test" round each day would ensure you firearm is in good condition.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the bottom of your ditch is where your property ends in Collier. Just being nit picky.

Then carrying to get the mail at the mailbox may be against the law.

Was the property surveyed?

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
make a lean-to shelter with those branches and tell anyone that asks that you're camping
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd slap the piss out of any of my guys who even thought of trying to make an open carry case against someone carrying on their own property... whether they actually lived there or not.

But I'm sure there's a cop out there that would...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But I'm sure there's a cop out there that would...
View Quote

Prolly
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody questions it, tell 'em  you are huntin' dillo's or any varmit for that matter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anybody questions it, tell 'em  you are huntin' dillo's or any varmit for that matter.
View Quote

Or better yet...

https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/mammals/land/wild-hog/

With landowner permission, wild hogs may be trapped, shot or hunted year-round with no fees, licenses or permits required (including when using a gun and light during non-daylight hours).
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Or slide one of these in your back pocket and tell anyone that bitches you're goin' fishing.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/766/pocketfisherman-1836867.jpg

Seriously, you should have no issues.

View Quote

Dang it, I was gonna post that!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the posts. You guys rock! I showed this thread to my Wife (a native Florida Woman) and she I grew up north of Orlando and I am really looking forward to returning home to Florida full time. People like all of you are the reason!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the posts. You guys rock! I showed this thread to my Wife (a native Florida Woman) and she I grew up north of Orlando and I am really looking forward to returning home to Florida full time. People like all of you are the reason!
View Quote

Welcome home.  Now go join Florida Carry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been a member for many years
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top