Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2018 11:46:18 AM EDT
I bought some land this year and bought some equipment to use on the land.

Is there any difference between assessment between equipment used personally and equipment used in agriculture?

If it makes any difference, it is in Pike Cnty.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's assessed at a different rate.  Commercial is the highest.....33.33%, personal is usually 19%, aircraft & historic vehicles 5%, and then farm stuff varies (12% for machinery).

If you bought it this year, you don't report it until next year.  You'll put it on the form under the ag box.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it's assessed at a different rate.  Commercial is the highest.....33.33%, personal is usually 19%, aircraft & historic vehicles 5%, and then farm stuff varies (12% for machinery).

If you bought it this year, you don't report it until next year.  You'll put it on the form under the ag box.
View Quote
Go to know!  Thanks

When I called the assessor's office [I did receive the RE tax bill for 2018] I was told that I didn't have to pay for anything for personal property and that I'd have to declare it on  next year's form but there wasn't a different rate for AG.  I thought that was strange.  I did not know there was an AG section but now I'll look for it and report it there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top