Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2020 12:58:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a friend in Three Lakes that intends to have some pups next spring. His female Lab is chocolate and will be mated with another chocolate sometime in February.... which would mean they'd be available in early June most likely. With labs, you never know what the color will be. Mine is a chocolate and her last litter was 3 chocolates and 7 blacks.

I know of 2 breeders who might have some sooner. You can search them out on Facebook. Call of the Wild Labs in Ellsworth WI (where mine is from). Other one is Patriot Labs in Shiocton. Call of the Wild has all colors, Patriot Labs has mostly chocolates. I would not hesitate buying from either one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my lab from Soggy Acres in Delavan. Jeff’s a great guy, has an outdoor show on some network channel and is retired LEO. All around solid dude and great labs. My pup is as good as they come and when it comes that time to get another, I’ll definitely be getting another. Great experience with them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Any success?
Still looking?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
No idea of where to look but as a guy who has been around dog's and or hounds all my life I would like to add please look for a proven track record via breeding records with reference to satisfied customers. Not only in the hunting performance or show results but also the medical end of things. Hip dysplasia is a real concern. A good solid breeding line with proven results is desirable.

Of course that all comes at a price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a yellow lab that was bred to point. We've had her for about 13 1/2 years now, but, 2 years ago I came to the conclusion that her vision, and hearing were about gone when I dropped two birds in a low field, and they got away from her. I picked up a Brittany pup about 2 years ago, but unfortunately my yellow wasn't much help training the Brittany. The Brittany finds birds, and if they will hold, will point them, but, she just cannot find a downed bird in a wet swamp, and the birds she does find, instead of retrieving them, she wants to tear them up. I'm thinking she maybe got "spurred". My old yellow lab would bring back cripples she found. I usually ended up with more birds than I actually shot. I've owned, and hunted behind several Brittanys, but, this one needs to go in for a little professional training. When my Yellow lab passes away, I might just see about getting another one. My only complaint with the lab is she cost me more $ in any one year than any other dog I've owned. She was prone to infections everywhere ears, skin, female parts, and then they found crystals in her urine and she's been on special food for years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my lab from Soggy Acres in Delavan. Jeff’s a great guy, has an outdoor show on some network channel and is retired LEO. All around solid dude and great labs. My pup is as good as they come and when it comes that time to get another, I’ll definitely be getting another. Great experience with them.
View Quote

Thanks for the info,  we are looking now for a breeder.
Checking out his website,  and his pricing is pretty good for the pup and training.
Did you have yours trained there, or  do it yourself?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info,  we are looking now for a breeder.
Checking out his website,  and his pricing is pretty good for the pup and training.
Did you have yours trained there, or  do it yourself?
View Quote

I did the training myself. Don't hunt with her, but she's a well heeled dog. Did one puppy class at Think Pawsitive in Waukesha, but other than that, it was pinch collar and some reading. Now she wears her shock collar when we go and just have to beep her. Her drive for fetch is unreal, so if you are looking to hunt with his stock, they've got the drive. Had a buddy pick up a pup from him too, and he's been nothing but pleased so far with his 3 month of girl. He's going to train her to do some upland hunting and is looking to take her to a place (can't remember the name) where they will help you train your dog to hunt and do controlled releases of birds to shoot at and have them retrieve. Can look up the name if interested.

I've had her boarded with him before when I went out of town for a week vacation back in '18 or '19 and mentioned I was having some trouble with recall or something else. While she was there, he worked with her a couple of times for no extra charge and she had it down by the time I picked her up. I don't doubt that his training would be great. Definitely would recommend giving him a shout or swinging by to shoot the shit and talk with him. He's got land and some ponds too that work out perfectly when it comes to training. Only health problems for my girl was she was the runt of 11, and at 8 weeks, she was only 3.5lbs. So I'm sure she wouldn't have made it in nature alone if they didn't look out for all the pups. But after the initial <1 year old bills, nary a thing outside of normal check ups and the occasional ear infection that labs are prone to after taking her swimming.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I posted a GSD request here about a year ago and someone recommended hoobly.com.
Found what I was looking for there.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I posted a GSD request here about a year ago and someone recommended hoobly.com.
Found what I was looking for there.

View Quote

That was me. I found my current Choc Lab there. Hoobly is about the only internet 'for sale by owner' sites left that will allow the sale of pets. Similar to craigslist. You can search by breed and/or by State. I searched "Labrador Retriever" - WI. 5-6 pages of results, mostly puppies, but a few adults too. We adopted a 3 year old from Cadott WI, originally from Call of the Wild Kennels in Ellsworth WI. Best behaved and smartest dog we've ever owned. Retired breeder, she's had 20 pups, we had her spayed.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I prefer chocolates, and I would be all in on this one if I was looking for a pup... both parents are from Soggy Acres... pups ready to go in February.

https://www.hoobly.com/p/uEURl
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Top Top