Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 11:00:29 PM EDT
the gun/military show at Robertson Airport, the new locale from Chowder Pot was not very good, hardly any venders etc...Ct's red tape has really taken gun shows to another level!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:55:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: remarcablearms] [#1]
Yea me to. They were asking for insurance. They wanted a ton of coverage that most gunshow vendors just don’t have. That keeps vendors away. I was supposed to have three tables at that show. I sent my payment in over a month ago. I was never contacted to be told there were no tables for me. That is just rude.  I showed up with my van full ready to set up and was turned away. I was not the only one turned away. The BIG reason was no insurance. Two problems with that. I actually have the coverage. I just never knew I needed it. To late to get it Friday at 2 pm. There are also at least 1/2 of the vendor’s in the room with no insurance. Yep this show will also fail. Disrespectful treatment of the vendors is a big problem. It is not a new problem there are already vendors who will not go to their shows. Who want to be abused like me that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
thats exactly what i heard, im not a vendor but asked questions... even the crowd was tiny.. seems like they need to find a better venue than the airport? im going to try to get to the Mass show in Sturbridge in June and we'll see....really a shame cause Ct had some decent shows..didnt make the Glastonbury Elks show but thats small anyway, mostly pre 1898 stuff....
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I went- their shows were always much larger, though I don't believe that it was Connecticut red tape harming it as much as it is participant age- both exhibitor and customer. Their shows always had an older clientele and usually a focus on older guns.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By middletownbob:
thats exactly what i heard, im not a vendor but asked questions... even the crowd was tiny.. seems like they need to find a better venue than the airport? im going to try to get to the Mass show in Sturbridge in June and we'll see....really a shame cause Ct had some decent shows..didnt make the Glastonbury Elks show but thats small anyway, mostly pre 1898 stuff....
View Quote

If you disappointed about not being able to buy anything at that show, I'm not sure why you would travel up to Mass for a gun show.... As a Connecticut resident you aren't bringing so much as ammo home with you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By remarcablearms:
Yea me to. They were asking for insurance. They wanted a ton of coverage that most gunshow vendors just don’t have. That keeps vendors away. I was supposed to have three tables at that show. I sent my payment in over a month ago. I was never contacted to be told there were no tables for me. That is just rude.  I showed up with my van full ready to set up and was turned away. I was not the only one turned away. The BIG reason was no insurance. Two problems with that. I actually have the coverage. I just never knew I needed it. To late to get it Friday at 2 pm. There are also at least 1/2 of the vendor’s in the room with no insurance. Yep this show will also fail. Disrespectful treatment of the vendors is a big problem. It is not a new problem there are already vendors who will not go to their shows. Who want to be abused like me that.
View Quote

That's crappy. It would have been a substantially better show if you were there. What did they do with your money?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
It was something, I'm easily amused concerning gun shows in Ct. Wanted a hotdog but not for $12 / ft. Loved the airport
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JAD:

That's crappy. It would have been a substantially better show if you were there. What did they do with your money?
View Quote

They gave it back. They are not crooks. As for my attendance. I don't have any guns anymore and my pile of quality junk is quickly diminishing.
So nobody missed anything much because I was not there. There was no lack of guns for sale. One dealer on the left had a dozen tables at least filled with classics and another dealer on the right had 15 tables stuffed with modern long guns and handguns.

If you want a good gun show you will have to leave the north east. Go to the OATS in PA.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
it is ct red tape doing away with these shows...the mass show used to be in hartford ct for 1000 years until ct red tape forced them to leave....i enjoy the show and will be there
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't been to a show in CT since I got a table at the Southington show that was at that hotel with the water park in it.  The Big E shows in WSpfld were decent, but CT shows haven't been good for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Heard PA shows are fun 🤩, might hit one up this year
Top Top