Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2021 4:36:05 PM EDT
I suppose we're fortunate because out of the million trees on our property only one or two have a presense of brown tail moth caterpillers.  I've read up on them and boy, they sound like they can really contaminate the air with their air en-masse.  So I figured time for a pest control person but I'm told that they won't do anything now because it's too late.  I have one Oak tree in particular that is about 60' high which seems to be getting the brunt of these pests.  Is there anything I can do or anyone I could call to hit this one particular tree.  Further south in Connecticut we had a Gypsy Moth problem and the state hit it from the air with a biological that killed the caterpillers that was inert to us and our animals.  Isn't there something that would do the same for us here?  I'm in Mid-Coastal Maine.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure they are brown tail? Only asking because regular tent caterpillars seem to be abundant and are harmless by comparison
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya know, that's a good point.  I didn't realize that "regular" tent catapillers are present, too.  I'lll check.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad has been complaining about it and warning me over and over.  Figure they will be gone by mid July.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
’pillar identification Image at link

Bacillus Thuringiensis is the product you seek. Easy to apply and safe.

@cabinetman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top