Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2020 11:56:12 PM EDT
I've had no fever, no runny nose and no dry cough.  But since the 6th, I've had a minor 'sore throat' that got a little worse (and I was told I had Flu A -- haven't had a flu in eons), generally felt better after 5 days of Tamiflu, then throat started feeling worse again, then was told I had strep, gave me some antibiotics, felt better for a day or two, then it got worse again, went to different DR, he said I don't have strep but  lymph nodes in my neck were clearly swollen a bit -- again, nothing terrible, but obviously not normal -- so he gave me a different antibiotic and some nasty syrup that totally knocks me out hard... and that was on Tuesday this week.   Here it is Thursday night, tomorrow night at 5:30pm will be fully two weeks with this mild sore throat thing... and I have no fever or otherwise feel bad, well sometimes a little squeemish and sometimes a bit faint feeling, like very early stages of feeling myself pass out, but never does more than make me feel a bit dizzy.

So anyway, this is kinda weird, never in my life have I had something like this.   Usually, this time of year the outdoors gives me some trouble with allergies, but  again, no runny nose or itchy eyes or anything.   Just the throat is a bit bothered, slightly sore, not painful, just annoyed and inflamed.

This week, I haven't gone anywhere since Sunday, other than to the DR and pharmacy and I never touched anything with my hands while I was out.
Sunday I went to Sams in Nicholasville but didn't touch anything and wasn't there long.   I even wore nitrile gloves the whole time and cleaned up after I got back into my truck.
I don't smoke or drink or have any health problems or major allergies, so if I do get the Big Nasty, seems I should be able to fight it off.

This is all a bit unnerving.   Yahoo comment sections show a lot of others with similar oddness since December.

--
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Psychosomatic.

I've had core muscle tightness all week.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a nagging itch...to buy an HK45 and a Geissele Super Duty.

Other than that, I'm dying slowly like everyone else. Outwardly wasting, inwardly renewed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel pretty good today, best in a while.   Sore throat just about gone, lotsa energy.... I got no nasty virus, no sir....
I wonder if I was one of those 'asymptomatic' ones -- had it, or the flu, all mild- like... ?

--
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I woke up Monday night about 3am with a horrible sore throat, couldn’t swallow. Sucked on a lozenge for a few minutes then went back to bed. Woke up and it was gone. Kinda came back during the day Tuesday, dry cough and some lung pain. Wednesday little better, Thursday pretty much gone and today business as usual.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing than the annual Kentucky spring time crud, and my early morning sneezes...
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
After the train-wreck Mrs. M4ger and I went through in the middle of January, I feel like I could take on corona singlehandedly and defeat it.

I won't try though.

The cold/warm/cold/warm we're getting now always brings a little awareness that there could be some symptoms brewing again.

I usually know it is imminent when I sneeze and my shoulders feel "heated" and a little sore for a few seconds.

Plenty of things to consider lately unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My ailments are finally gone.   Not sure what that was, but I had something for over three weeks.   Mostly a swollen throat, not really sore like strep.  I'm pretty much staying away from everyone now.   Going to leave well enough alone.

--
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After the train-wreck Mrs. M4ger and I went through in the middle of January, I feel like I could take on corona singlehandedly and defeat it.

I won't try though.
View Quote

Same here for Mrs. RWE3 and I - late December through mid January - three rounds of antibiotics each, other meds.  Dr said it was flu, it wasn't a flu like anything we have ever had...
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Im not sure what I had about four weeks ago. I had a slight fever and flu symptoms but tested negative for flu. I felt like shit for about four days and then got over it with Tamiflu. But, I had a serious cough for another week that killed my back and lats from all the coughing. Got on Levaquin and knocked it down. Then had a lesser cough for another week. Took a steroid for that one. Felt OK last week. Now I feel normal. Not sure what I had either but the coughing was worse than whatever "flu" I had.  Fruit punch Powerade for the win all throughout!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad to hear people are doing better!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I woke up Monday night about 3am with a horrible sore throat, couldn’t swallow. Sucked on a lozenge for a few minutes then went back to bed. Woke up and it was gone. Kinda came back during the day Tuesday, dry cough and some lung pain. Wednesday little better, Thursday pretty much gone and today business as usual.
View Quote

My lung pain and chest tightness/dry cough came back and lasted pretty much all the of the week that I posted this. Seems to have gone over the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a letter today from the local medical clinic -- I visited there the 17th of March.   They said that near the same time I was there, someone else was there who tested positive for the Big Nasty.
That was over two weeks ago.
....Feeling pretty good today.   The introvert in me, who's been dying to come out, is having a blast these days.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've had a nagging itch...to buy an HK45 and a Geissele Super Duty.

Other than that, I'm dying slowly like everyone else. Outwardly wasting, inwardly renewed.
View Quote

@SST I’m in the same boat on the HK45, but I want a Larue Ultimate Upper in 7.62
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@SST I’m in the same boat on the HK45, but I want a Larue Ultimate Upper in 7.62
View Quote

@ssst

Dempsy, I fixed the call out for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top