Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2023 12:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cleatus]
going to visit the kid at Co springs, and head up toward the black hills/devils tower/Rushmore area

coming straight up from Denver as of now

if anyone has done this-- i will take ANY suggestions-- even stuff to do/go on the trip up as i know ZERO about this area

so i will peruse the other threads on black hill area as well, so prob dont need to dupe on that

i will likley be in the jeep-- so if any "simple" trails anywhere in the route, it would be cool to do-- note i said simple as i have never done it before.  think something a more or less stock gladiator could handle

once we leave that area, we will go to Badlands --- so any suggestions for that area would be great as well!!  (sxs rental?)

after badlands it off to Sioux Falls for a overnight there --- so any ideas for there, and anything between there and Badlands

thx all-- we are driving all this from WI so i appreciate the help!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Driving/Sightseeing:

Iron Mountain Road
Custer State Park/Wildlife Loop
Needle's Highway (overrated)
Mount Rushmore
Deadwood
Spearfish Canyon
Sturgis

Breweries:

Lost Cabin in Rapid City
Miner outside of Hill City
Jacob's in Deadwood

Food:

Alpine Inn in Hill City
Sugar Shack south of Deadwood/Lead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top