Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2018 8:21:14 AM EDT
I’m moving into a 4th floor condo and considering a Zanotti. Anybody know of a retailer in the naperville area? I thought I recalled a guy selling them at the Kane and DuPage gun shows, but it’s been a while.
Any other suggestions appreciated
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I sont know of any retailers for them. When I was shoppinf for one they had a huge lead time on the website. Dont know if that is still true or not.

Ex fil had one and loved it.  He had a lot of higher end shotguns in it at the time

Sorry this wont help
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Just checked. 16 weeks
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m moving into a 4th floor condo and considering a Zanotti. Anybody know of a retailer in the naperville area? I thought I recalled a guy selling them at the Kane and DuPage gun shows, but it’s been a while.
Any other suggestions appreciated
View Quote
Can't help with the safe brand or a retailer ... but cam muddy the waters

I would think most high-end safes provide similar security? In your case, the logistics of getting it where it needs to be might be something to prioritize? Which might mean shopping for retailers/installers instead of a specific brand?

Just a thought
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe it was the Kane show where the guy had them, on the west wall, but I dont recall seeing them lately.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking Zanotti based on them being modular. I haven’t closed on the property yet, but I’m looking into the elevator capacity. I know for sure it’s not 1000 pounds and I’m pretty sure I won’t be paying to have it brought up four flights of stairs.
I was out shopping today, I’m thinking two of the smaller libertys, one for the defense guns in the bedroom and one for the hobby guns elsewhere in the house.
Yeah saw the 16 week lead time, that’s why I was looking local
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can't help with the safe brand or a retailer ... but cam muddy the waters

I would think most high-end safes provide similar security? In your case, the logistics of getting it where it needs to be might be something to prioritize? Which might mean shopping for retailers/installers instead of a specific brand?

Just a thought
View Quote
14’rs
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know if an option for you but snapsafe is also modular.   Hornady bought them last year I think.

https://www.snapsafe.com/modular-safes
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't know if an option for you but snapsafe is also modular.   Hornady bought them last year I think.

https://www.snapsafe.com/modular-safes
View Quote
I just came across them online about an hour ago, doors look kind of small to me, seems like access would probably a pain.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Years ago, the people from Zanotti, said they would drive halfway from Iowa, to meet me and transfer the parts if I had a pickup.  Don't know if that's still an option with them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one from the Kane county gun show Zanotti guy about 19 years ago.  I met him in a parking lot at a strip mall out on 34 I think between plano and sandwich but maybe farther west.  The safe was boxed up in about 4 boxes.  The door, the three sides, to top and bottom.  I carried the peices downstairs one at a time.  Took about 45 minutes to assemble.  I bought totally for the modular design.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Geez, it’s been 19 years? Buddy of mine bought from him too, says the guy was based in Rockford, he’s looking to see if he could come up with his contact info.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate the effort!
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Geez, it’s been 19 years? Buddy of mine bought from him too, says the guy was based in Rockford, he’s looking to see if he could come up with his contact info.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate the effort!
View Quote
Since he was at the Kane show for so many years, the people running the Kane show, if willing,  might be able to give you a name or contact information.

edit:  Merle Pauley?

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60312#entry978351
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome tip, thanks!

ETA: gave him a call, left a voicemail. See what happens, thanks again
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Awesome tip, thanks!

ETA: gave him a call, left a voicemail. See what happens, thanks again
View Quote
You're welcome. Let us know what you find out.

BTW, Dakota also has a module safe model too but I've never known anyone that had a Dakota.
http://dakotasafe.com/Interloc_xp.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

14’rs
View Quote
Does this make me more cool or less cool?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top