Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2021 12:11:42 PM EDT
Well, we did it.  Found a really nice home built in 2007 that went on the market Friday afternoon.  We took a look Saturday morning and committed that evening. Homes kept coming up and everything we looked at had one thing or another missing we wanted or was gone before we could get out there.  One came up 3 weeks ago, wife was out of town until Sunday afternoon.  By then, it was gone.
We were almost at the point of just telling our agent to pull the trigger sight unseen other than pics.  Of course one we saw looked great in photos, but once we stepped foot in the place, it was built like a tiny home.
Not posting pics, OPSEC and all that... but it's right at the top of the budget for us.  If my plan works out, I can retire next year and the wife has to keep working for 10 more years and I'll get some alone time around the place.  

Our oldest is stationed out in Colorado.  Was discussing selling our existing home with the wife and I mentioned that when our son comes home to visit in June or July, it will be at the new place.  "So honey, did you realize our oldest will never step foot back into his childhood home??"  Oh shit.  Wrong thing to say.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
PM Inbound...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top