Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 5:31:48 AM EDT
Never seen it so dead before

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those of us who still live in NYS are all a little dead inside.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but we did have some good threads. Unfortunately in today's climate we need to be careful what we post, even legit questions. Too bad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Well count the number of members (and companies and employees and retirement accounts) that have fled NYS corruption.   They’re now on other HTF.

Nothing good to say about the economy, quality of life, or crime.  

What exactly is there to talk about?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
This x 1,000,000

I turn the magic age of 59 1/2 at the end of the year at which point my retirement savings become penalty free on withdrawals. I am "running out the clock" as it were these days. Always tired, grumpy and anxious. A lot of other people too. Problem I am finding as I research places to escape too are the already huge influx of blue state voters who are turning their new digs into the same $#!tholes they left us in. Texas and Georgia going blue. Nevada, New Mexico and Virginia already there. Arizona, North Carolina and New Hampshire wavering. Florida is too hot for me but the ever increasing number of New Yorkers is not helping it out. Montana and Idaho are being infiltrated by Californians. The short list of good safe free states is shrinking year-to-year. Taxes are certainly a major concern but 2nd Amendment freedom states could disappear under the federal government.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Maybe they should reunite the NY and NJ subs like back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This x 1,000,000

I turn the magic age of 59 1/2 at the end of the year at which point my retirement savings become penalty free on withdrawals. I am "running out the clock" as it were these days. Always tired, grumpy and anxious. A lot of other people too. Problem I am finding as I research places to escape too are the already huge influx of blue state voters who are turning their new digs into the same $#!tholes they left us in. Texas and Georgia going blue. Nevada, New Mexico and Virginia already there. Arizona, North Carolina and New Hampshire wavering. Florida is too hot for me but the ever increasing number of New Yorkers is not helping it out. Montana and Idaho are being infiltrated by Californians. The short list of good safe free states is shrinking year-to-year. Taxes are certainly a major concern but 2nd Amendment freedom states could disappear under the federal government.
View Quote

I'd like to go check out the Dakota's possible Kansas...places East of the Rockies, far enough away from California and the refugees from there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm the dummy about to build a house here
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I check in often.

But.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Still here for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been reading the Yugoslavian thread a lot the past few days.  It's gotten me thinking I need to prepare more, and not care about laws that won't matter in a few years.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]
i have zero desire to go back too NY.. the liberals have ruined a really nice state. They can keep it..

i saw a guy from ny in the apartment complex I'm in.   I told him Il douche wants to buy him a drink to come back.. He laughed and said he's never going back..Kicker is his wife wouldn't leave the westchester area so he left..  I told him don't vote for sleepy joe if he plans on staying here. We have of those types of people here and we dont need no more..

he laughed and said no way would he vote for what he left in ny ..
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
he laughed and said no way would he vote for what he left in ny ..
View Quote

How come some get it and some do not?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I really don't know I'm starting to think they are just have no clue. Ship them to china or Russia they will get it than. Seems anyone who has lived behind the iron dome gets it.

The older i get 52 now i have less and less use for the liberals.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How come some get it and some do not?
View Quote

Some didn't leave because of the politics of Downstate
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some didn't leave because of the politics of Downstate
View Quote

Then why?  Excessive Taxes?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Then why?  Excessive Taxes?
View Quote
People move for any number of reasons, just as they stay where they're at for the same variety of reasons.
Not everyone who leaves NYS does so strictly from unhappiness with the political situation in NYS. Those who left NYS for non-political reasons, when they get to where they're going they might very well say stuff like that " back in NYS we did XYZ" line that many here complain about... because they didn't see it as a problem in NY and they see it as something that could improve their current location.

Let's not forget that there are a TON of people who love NYS for a variety of reasons and have chosen to move here, or stay here instead of moving elsewhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top