Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 10:39:24 PM EDT
My daughter is starting a three year program at Wheeling University. The apartment market is expensive for anything decent. There seems to be a lot of houses one could buy and have payments much lower than rent. Even if we sold at our buying price we would be money ahead. My question is: Is Wheeling on the rise, going down hill or just staying the same? I've driven through Wheeling for 50 years but have never spent any time there. To me, it looks the same as it always has. Just looking for a little more local knowledge.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]
If the hydro-cracker goes in in Dilles Bottom, it's projected to bring in thousands of craft. Real Estate and rental prices will skyrocket for a few years. We have a house in the Warwood area of  Wheeling we are going to be working on over the summer to renovate and update. I wish I could offer a cheap place to rent for the time being, but it needs updating and a good cleaning.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses so far. I've heard about that plant and I know that Washington County PA has been been looking better because of the fracking in the area. I was just curious if the panhandle was doing better as well. Again, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top