Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2022 8:39:38 PM EDT
Driving from Asheville NC to Beaumont SC and thinking about stopping at the Columbia PSA store. Is it worth the stop? Or should I find another store that might have primers or shotguns worth looking at for my pit stop along the way?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Driving from Asheville NC to Beaumont SC and thinking about stopping at the Columbia PSA store. Is it worth the stop? Or should I find another store that might have primers or shotguns worth looking at for my pit stop along the way?
View Quote

You won't find primers or reloading supplies in the store.  In fact, you won't find the daily deal type stuff on the shelves very often.  I have seen that the best of PSA is ordered.

I spent $450 with them last week and didn't go to the store.  I live 45 mins aways and knew it wasn't worth it even trying.  

I will get a stripped lower at the store but I have never bought a complete weapon from them.

You won't find primers but you MAY find powder at the Sportsman's Warehouse at the same exit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
PSA's Columbia store has pretty much divested themselves of reloading components and equipment and I have been in a couple of the other stores (Summerville, Mt. Pleasant) during the pandemic and panic and the shelves are stripped bare.

Primers? Forget it.

The PSA Columbia location had this stuff on the shelf when I was in there last week:

Winchester 9mm brass 100-ct bags (new) $27. Actually in a barrel on the sales floor
Berry's 115gr 9mm plated bullets box of 1K for $115.
A single Berry's vibratory tumbler didn't see the price

That's all they had.

As others have mentioned the Sportsmans Warehouse located nearby at I-26 and Piney Grove Road exit is the Columbia nexus for reloading equipment. Primers and powder are never in stock and when they are they likely sell out within minutes of being put on the shelf. They still have some other stuff mainly odd caliber die sets (Hornady, RCBS), projectiles, horrendously overpriced brass, some case-cleaning items, and a minimal assortment of RCBS, Hornady, Lee, and Lyman reloading items/accessories. SW prices range from so-so average to WTF are these people thinking?

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

honk when you drive by  the 176 exit...its a mile from me
and yes the PSA store in columbia is worth stopping at
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:15:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Shelves are pretty bare. The owners evidently haven't figured out that they can make money if there is merch in your stores for people to buy. They're still hung up on internet sales. Oh, and their buyers are apparently incompetent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top