Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2018 2:11:41 PM EDT
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/10/16/woodridge-man-brings-loaded-weapons-on-metra-train/

Woodridge Man Brings Loaded Weapons On Metra Train

Full story at link

CHICAGO (CBS) — Four loaded guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

A suburban man arrested on a Metra train to Chicago. Why was he carrying all those weapons?

He’s telling his story only to CBS 2.

Mike Garafolo said he was going to visit his daughter. So why did a Woodridge man have three loaded guns tucked in his wasitband and a rifle?

CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez talked to the man and has the story from the Mokena Metra station where he was arrested.

To be clear, it is illegal to take a gun on any form of public transportation in Illinois. That includes the train stations and the parking lots. But the 55-year-old former Marine said he wasn’t sure. So when his car broke down as he was leaving a shooting range, he decided at the last minute to hop on a Metra train.

“If I’d had known it was illegal, or if he (Metra personnel) indicated it was, I wouldn’t have gone on the train,”said Garafolo who told a Metra conductor he had a concealed carry card and asked if he could board the Chicago-bound Metra train with a pellet rifle.

“And he waved me on the train,” Garafolo said.

But just a few stops down the line…
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
So the news report is calling a pellet gun a "loaded rifle".

How typical.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
He still should have known Metra was a CC GFZ.    And IMO if intent in getting on Metra, put his pistols, unloaded in his backpack and said nothing, leaving ammo and pellet rifle in car.   He did get a possession of ammo charge which sounds bogus.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Should have got an uber

You'd think since he had his CCL he would have known....maybe he didn't pay attention in class

Fuck Illinois Nazis though
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Deb Mell was the one who was bent out of shape when  a catholic Priest burnt a gay flag, I wonder if she would have felt the same if it was an American flag that was burnt.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't lived in Illinois for the past twenty five years so excuse my ignorance of present day machine politics there. but I seem to recall a long time Chicago alderman and Richard J. Daley crony named Dick Mell. Are these two politicians related?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't lived in Illinois for the past twenty five years so excuse my ignorance of present day machine politics there. but I seem to recall a long time Chicago alderman and Richard J. Daley crony named Dick Mell. Are these two politicians related?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Regards,
Gary
View Quote
Deb Mell is the daughter of long-time Alderman Richard Mell. Her sister, former Illinois First Lady Patti, is married to former Governor Rod Blagojevich.

For more https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deb_Mell
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the link InterestedBystander. Living proof that "the nut doesn't fall far from the tree". Just like in feudal England, in Chicago, positions of power are handed down from father to son, or in this case, from father to daughter.
I seem to recall that back in the early 1990's, one of Alderman Dick Mell's staffers neglected to re-register Dick Mell's personal collection of handguns on time. So Mell's "pal", Mayor Richard M. Daley, had to "re-open" Chicago's "closed" handgun registry for like sixty days so Mell could get his handguns registered again. Of course, when the "average" Chicagoan tried to register their personal handgun, they were told that while the registry was "temporarily open". there were no registry forms available. I bet Dick Mell had no problems finding the proper forms.
Regards,
Gary
Top Top