Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2022 12:13:51 AM EDT
Been in this state a few years but seems mostly dead in the HTF. Maybe try to change that here...

We have a big chance for close to 20" or more possible Wed night into Thursday across central Indiana.

If you or a relative needs help you can probably get help here (hopefully).

Im in the Bloomington/Ellettsville area for local needs to start with.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yikes! We get lake effect snow up here and that would be a lot even for us. Chances are most people will see this post after the fact as the traffic is very slow in our HTF.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Turns out we're supposed to get dumped on starting Tuesday night yp here too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
St joe/Marshall county line here. Stay safe all
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Southern Brown County here.  If we get the snowfall that's being predicted, no one will be going anywhere for a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I plow for a city up here in NWI. Gonna be a long week. Let’s see if I can beat my previous record of 37.5 hours in the truck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I plow for a city up here in NWI. Gonna be a long week. Let’s see if I can beat my previous record of 37.5 hours in the truck.
View Quote

Can you take care of Cline for me so I can make it to work without issue?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can you take care of Cline for me so I can make it to work without issue?
View Quote

Close,but no cigar.

You’d think with indot having a complex at Cline/169th it would be decent, but they continually surprise me with the shit job they do on Cline/Calumet/Indy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
We are supposed to get rain in the south
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm around the grant county area. Ready to go cruise the county roads during the fun
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]
St. Joe County at the Michigan line (Granger).  Allegedly up to 18" here by Thursday night.  We're retired and have a full larder and dry wood for the fireplace.  Unless we lose power, we're set.  1/2 tank of gas in the F250 FX4 so even if the power goes out, we should be able to get somewhere warm.  
Having said that, I lived through The Blizzard of '78 and I'm not expecting anything close to that.
Any of you that have to get out into this, stay safe!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Been in this state a few years but seems mostly dead in the HTF. Maybe try to change that here...

We have a big chance for close to 20" or more possible Wed night into Thursday across central Indiana.

If you or a relative needs help you can probably get help here (hopefully).

Im in the Bloomington/Ellettsville area for local needs to start with.
View Quote
 I’m just South of you in Bedford
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
St joe/Marshall county line here. Stay safe all
View Quote

I'm to the south, not far from Starke Co.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm around the grant county area. Ready to go cruise the county roads during the fun
View Quote

Another Grant County boy checking in! The in-laws are in Pulaski and around 1830 they had about 8 inches and we could still see blades of grass in the yard. Right now it doesn’t look like this first wave is going to be as bad as they predicted. This snow is very slick though, where I’m at it has stopped snowing but the wind is blowing some.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
22:48 here and the snow has stopped hours ago.  I'd guesstimate we have around 10 inches on the ground.  According to the local FB weather forecaster any more snow is going to happen about 10 miles south of my location, so it looks like I'll be snowblowing in the morning.
USPS didn't deliver today.  I've got a few Glock mags scheduled to be delivered from gregcotellc.com that were "weather delayed" today  so I need to clear the mailbox before 11:00 am tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Dearborn County checking in at 5am
We have a glaze of ice currently
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Here in Clark County we have transitioned from rain, to sleet and now ice.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Granger here again (Mishawaka / South Bend / Notre Dame).  No snow since last night late, only light winds today so far.  We ended up with I'd say 10" - 12" overall.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Granger here again (Mishawaka / South Bend / Notre Dame).  No snow since last night late, only light winds today so far.  We ended up with I'd say 10" - 12" overall.
View Quote

I so much would have rather had a foot of snow then the ice crap that we're getting now
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
We have about a 12" on the ground here in southern Miami county.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Porter Co is still pretty messy but the main roads are getting better.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#21]
We ended up with a sheet of ice over everything last night. I put a bag of ice melt on our driveway and sidewalk to get rid of that crap before the snow started.

Today around 8" of snow. We did lose power briefly in the late morning time but thankfully we were only out about 5 minutes. I was getting worried about a prolonged outage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#22]
About 4" of snow on top of the ice crap this morning in Dearborn County.  Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top