Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2022 7:48:15 PM EDT
ETA: now looking for window tint suggestions!! Thank you!!

Hey guys I’m about done living with these cracks in this windshield, in certain times of the day it’s like staring into a welder! Does anybody have any recommendations good or bad experiences that they’ve had? Obviously you have Safelite, but I’d prefer a local mom and pop as opposed to paying for commercials. Also, what about glass quality, any difference anyone knows of?

Thanks all and hope you have a great weekend!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Never ever use Safelite. That's all I can contribute sorry.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely what I’m trying to avoid, appreciate the +1 on the sentiment regardless!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
ANGELS AUTO GLASS - 1716 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ great work ,low prices . In da hood, but worth the trip .
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Call your insurance company and ask for approved vendors. Then they will back up the install. If you use someone who is not approved and have an issue it's all on you, and the cheap places use second rate glass. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Mountainside glass in Chandler
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I've used a couple of mom and pop places in the past and the replacement glass ended up cracking without any visible strike marks. I don't know if they used cheap glass or it was poorly installed. Their prices were reasonable though around $200-$250 without insurance getting involved.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
The owner of Select Auto Glass is one of us.

Obligatory pic of his smoker.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Curious as to why never use safelite? I have had Safelite replacement windshield glass and OEM Lexus replacement glass and it all goes to shit within two or three years regardless of manufacturer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Curious as to why never use safelite? I have had Safelite replacement windshield glass and OEM Lexus replacement glass and it all goes to shit within two or three years regardless of manufacturer.
View Quote

I got dicked around so hard by the people in Mesa I about lost my head with them which is extremely rare for me. Liers, time wasters, incompetent installs, mismanaged to waste customers time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mountainside glass in Chandler
View Quote

Thanks everyone, finally got around to this and used these guys. Fantastic group of people as far as I can tell.

When complete, the installer showed me a very minor blemish in the glass that my OCD self wouldn’t even have ever noticed. Got the option for a redo or 50% off. Took the 50, great folks.

Thanks again everyone! Next up…. Window tint! Mines falling apart. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Go see my buddy Lenny. He is the best. Tell him Hank sent you. If you bring him a six pack, he might let you play his pinball machine.
https://www.tintwizardtintingscottsdale.com/

Edit to add: Don't try to take the old stuff off yourself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Our window tinter at apex customs does side work for cash on the weekends.  Same high quality ceramic tint but lower price since it's side work.  Can contact him through Instagram
https://instagram.com/ignorant.tintco?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Or if you don't have access there I can pm his contact
ETA: he's up in Alaska on vacation till later this week I think so he might not be reachable till he gets back

Link Posted: 8/28/2022 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t have a buddy or know a guy, but I’ve used a company in NE Mesa 2x and been very happy with the installation and the product. https://www.smartfilmaz.com/
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I had Quality Bumper on Grand Ave (PHX) remove/replace my 20+ year old tint with new.
Came out to less than $80.
Believe they have a shop in Mesa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top