Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2024 2:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RHR_12]
I got my sample ballot in the mail for the Republican primary.  Even says “Republican Party” on the outside.

Open it up, and the sample ballot is for the Democratic Party.  And I’m supposed to trust that the elections in this state are above the board?

I’ll be calling the county elections office demanding answers on Monday.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:47:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pbystreetgang] [#1]
Did you ever get an explanation for this or a replacement Republican PPE ballot?  

[edit: make that Republican PPE Sample Ballot.]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Here we go......
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:07:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RHR_12] [#3]
Local rag paper ended up printing an article saying “there was a printing error on 3300 ballots, new ones will be sent out”.  I noticed they neglected to mention what the error was in order to downplay it.  “A printing error” makes it sound like a misspelled name, not sending out D ballots in place of R ones.  Of course, if it happened the other way around, there would be screeching.  But it never happens the other way, does it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:44:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Beretta_Jerry] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RHR_12:
Local rag paper ended up printing an article saying “there was a printing error on 3300 ballots, new ones will be sent out”.  I noticed they neglected to mention what the error was in order to downplay it.  “A printing error” makes it sound like a misspelled name, not sending out D ballots in place of R ones.  Of course, if it happened the other way around, there would be screeching.  But it never happens the other way, does it.
View Quote

The mitigating factor is it's a sample ballot. If this happens for any real election, take the entire contents to a polling place and surrender it for a real ballot to be completed on-site.

I 100% agree with your post, at any rate.

Eta: any wagers how they'll fuck up the upcoming elections?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My understanding, is it is a private company (vendor) that Yavapai County Elections contracts with to print and send out these sample ballots.
Add to that, the same vendor sent out sample ballots to households that are not on the early ballot eligible list.

I can't find who the vendor is, or where they are located, but I can not help but suspect they are based in Maricopa County.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
We got ours Sat - it was for the right party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top