Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 7:36:08 AM EDT
The partial stay at home order is supposed to prevent large gatherings between 10 pm and 5 am. It seems to me that this really does not effect most people and it must be directed at specific demographics. College kids? Certain minority groups that are fond of block and house parties?

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I were just talking about this. I’m not sure there is a specific demographic, just more of the “do this because I said so” mentality. It doesn’t really make sense from the viewpoint of slowing the spread, or whatever.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
No midnight mass on Christmas?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The partial stay at home order is supposed to prevent large gatherings between 10 pm and 5 am. It seems to me that this really does not effect most people and it must be directed at specific demographics. College kids? Certain minority groups that are fond of block and house parties?

View Quote

Yeah, I think that's exactly what's going on.  I made a joke to a friend about how Big Rona only comes out at night, but then he pointed out the coincidence here and now I can't unsee it.

Our lives seem to be filled with things that everybody knows, but that nobody's allowed to say aloud anymore.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
C'mon man,
Everybody knows Rona gets superpowers at 2200.....

All jokes aside, this is just till we get past Christmas. I'll bet a dollar to a donut that his highness will shut it down again afterwards.

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The Exemptions are pretty wide open.  "I am going to a protest" or "I am going to a religious ceremony".

If you want to throw a party, invite a Minister. For $20 on the internet, you can be one.

https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO181-Modified-Stay-at-Home-Early-Closure-Order.pdf

Exemptions

Worship, religious, and spiritual gatherings, funeral ceremonies, wedding ceremonies, andother activities constituting the exercise of First Amendment rights are exempt from all the
requirements of this Executive Order, notwithstanding any other provision of this Executive Order.
The undersigned strongly urges that entities and individuals engaging in these exempted
activities follow the Recommendations to Promote Social Distancing and Reduce Transmission,
wear and require Face Coverings, and avoid exceeding Emergency Maximum Occupancy in the
places where they meet.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I was wondering the same thing.  It almost seems like he wants to give the appearance that he is doing something, while inconveniencing very few people.  I think everyone "in power" knows the spread can't be stopped or slowed, but they have to pretend they are doing something when they actually have no control over what is going to happen.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Worship, religious, and spiritual gatherings, funeral ceremonies, wedding ceremonies, andother activities constituting the exercise of First Amendment rights are exempt from all the
requirements of this Executive Order,
View Quote

"Deputy, I'm exercising my right, under the 1st Amendment, to be a free American.  This ride is a gathering in Freedom.  Have a good night."
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#9]
just a test run.......
look for it to expand

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Another do nothing move by Overlord Cooper. A move he doesn't have the power to make. Being older I don't have much reason to be out after 10, but I am looking for them now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
just a test run.......
look for it to expand

View Quote

This would be my opinion as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just a test run.......
look for it to expand

This. Right after Xmass its gonna be a total lockdown like it was at the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This. Right after Xmass its gonna be a total lockdown like it was at the beginning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
just a test run.......
look for it to expand

Agreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top