Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2024 1:32:50 PM EDT
We had a thread here a while back..Need to shop homeowners.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

View Quote

Tagged.

My homeowners went up 44% this year. Auto up 23%. I’m looking around.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jkirkon:

Tagged.

My homeowners went up 44% this year. Auto up 23%. I’m looking around.
View Quote

Yeah, wife told me our homeowners went up, we are with Travelers. Bunch of shit they are covering that we don't have..IE "Outside buildings and dwellings" that they are not taking off the policy. Time to shop.

Thought there was a big(er) thread here months back, searched, didn't find it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wulf202] [#3]
I'm an adjuster. I don't sell it though.  There are a few carriers I wouldn't use.

If I'm asked for a good carrier, usually AMICA is who I'd recommend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah, wife told me our homeowners went up, we are with Travelers. Bunch of shit they are covering that we don't have..IE "Outside buildings and dwellings" that they are not taking off the policy. Time to shop.

Thought there was a big(er) thread here months back, searched, didn't find it.
View Quote

A majority of the homeowners packages put %10 of the dwelling on outbuildings automatically as part of the homeowners policy packages. Ala cart for homeowners isn't that common with any of the big name carriers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Sent you a recommendation

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
all i can contribute is if you want savings, you have bring the whole package.  home, cars, rec stuff, and umbrella policy( or add one).  reason i say this is because recently an ins broker to came to employer to offer savings to employees and they (broker) wanted it all.  not just car or house, this was simple stuff getting the frustrated shoppers to cross over. we stayed with state frum despite commercials and increases. this is ntx, not coastal. good luck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
In for answers.
I tried shopping around a bit for homeowners,  but found that some companies aren't writing new policies at all in my area due to supposed wildfire risk.

A commercial insurance guy I know thinks rates might start coming down in Q2, fwiw
View Quote

Same. I've been with current for about 3 years, probably time to start shopping. Everything but classic car though one agent.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
JohnDeere267? is a Farmers agent.S.E.Texas,that's all i got,but
he is a member here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Did we ever figure out some good insurers in Texas?

Allstate just cancelled my home policy because they had the wrong phone number on file and an inspector couldn't get in touch with me to inspect. I didn't even know an inspector was coming.

Luckily it's covered until April, but no heads up is pretty crappy of them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont think you'll see big enough difference to justify the hassle of changing unless current ins co is making you have a coverage you dont want or need.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're not in the loyalty crowd statistically you save money by jumping ship every three years.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wulf202] [#13]
Originally Posted By rippr334:
Did we ever figure out some good insurers in Texas?

Allstate just cancelled my home policy because they had the wrong phone number on file and an inspector couldn't get in touch with me to inspect. I didn't even know an inspector was coming.

Luckily it's covered until April, but no heads up is pretty crappy of them.
View Quote

Amica.

If you don't have outbuildings you care about or a metal roof: farm bureau + collectibles policy for guns.

Am Fam but theyre under a subsidiary in tx whos name I cannot remember

Nationwide

Chubb if you want the best and are willing to pay for it.

I've never worked for farmers so I cannot say
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been using an insurance brokerage company for business insurance (property/liability and workman's comp). They've become total dicks here lately.

We had one official workman's comp claim (first one in years), one of my girls slipped and fell, she was in too much pain to walk. She was indecisive what she wanted to do, then she wanted me to drive her to the hospital and she was crying. I made the decision not to move her and call an ambulance.

Next thing you know we get informed for the first time that our comp insurance has a health care network and they want us to use network providers.

Then I needed certs of my policies, fucking pulling teeth.

I'm moving locations locally in 3 months, I'm looking for a new broker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top