Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2021 1:10:16 PM EDT
I ran across a sign with his name on it and looked him up.

Anyone have any idea who he is and what he actually stands for?

Is he a viable option to replace Wheels?

Eta

We, true Texans, did an amazing job getting pro 2a bills passed. Can we get someone else with grassroots who could possibly be even better?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC he is a conservative comedian, and he was the first guy to say he would primary Abbott because of the lockdowns. I don't know much more about him.

I'm leaning more towards Don Huffines at this point, but I don't think he is charismatic enough to beat Abbott.

If Allen West gets in the race I think he would probably have the best shot.

In any case I think the best we can hope for is that enough people vote anyone but Abbott and it forces a runoff where we can win.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In any case I think the best we can hope for is that enough people vote anyone but Abbott and it forces a runoff where we can win.
View Quote

That is for losers.

Unless you can get someone better, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is for losers.

Unless you can get someone better, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is for losers.

That is essentially how we got Ted Cruz, he didn't win outright he won the runoff.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is essentially how we got Ted Cruz, he didn't win outright he won the runoff.
View Quote

No.

Kay Bailey Hutchison announced she was not running for re-election and it was an open seat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No.

Kay Bailey Hutchison announced she was not running for re-election and it was an open seat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

When KBH decided not to run, everyone thought Dewhurst was going to take the seat. Not many people knew who Ted Cruz was yet he decided to run, and because of a strong grassroots effort he raised money and built support. When Cruz started he was lucky to poll 2%. But he worked hard and got many more real conservatives to get on board with him. At the election he blew Dewhurst out of the water.

I had a talk with Cruz before the election against Bob the Fake Mexican, he admitted he picked a shitty campaign, that did not believe in grassroots. That was why Cruz signs were impossible to get until right before the election. Then the campaign charged for them, while ‘Beto’ signs were sent out free for a phone call. That made it look like ‘Beto’ had a huge ground swell. It was more than just money, Cruz had $32 million while ‘Beto’ had between $80-90 million mostly from out of state.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll support the newer, more conservative candidate every time.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll support the newer, more conservative candidate every time.

View Quote

Problem is it is often impossible to tell if a challenger with no voting record is a conservative or not, vs an incumbent with a solid A+ track record.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
What candidate is going to balance the budget, stop Texas from becoming blue, and giving the biggest fuck you to the federal government?

That's the candidate I will vote for.

Abbott screwed up during 2020. Just like all the other 49 governors did. We were all duped once, but who's going to not let it happen again is my biggest concern. Is Abbot strong enough to say fuck you to Sleepy Joe and be prepared to defend Texas and it's people against an overstepping federal government? When the government money stops flowing as punishment, who will stand strong?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Problem is it is often impossible to tell if a challenger with no voting record is a conservative or not, vs an incumbent with a solid A+ track record.
View Quote

I've never seen an "A+" incumbent because being there seems to corrupt them all.

Just look at Abbot's terrible coronafraud fiasco, also gave lip service to red flag laws (though we never got them).
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never seen an "A+" incumbent because being there seems to corrupt them all.
View Quote

I was referring to the NRA/TSRA rating system.  So yeah my bad that is guns only not conservativism.

On the other hand, I have looked back at records of many of my reps, some NEVER voted against my wishes on anything I checked on.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
When I testified on the restricting the Governor’s ability to restrict firearms, sale of firearms/ammo or ranges during any sort of emergency, all I had to say was “Think of Governor Beto’. The smart people on the committee knew exactly what I was talking about.

If you want to fuck Texas real fast elect a Democrat governor. You would not of the gun rights we gained in this session. It will take a lot for me not to support Governor Abbott in 2022, because if a Democrat steals the election Texas and the U.S. will be in a lot more trouble than we are in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When I testified on the restricting the Governor’s ability to restrict firearms, sale of firearms/ammo or ranges during any sort of emergency, all I had to say was “Think of Governor Beto’. The smart people on the committee knew exactly what I was talking about.

If you want to fuck Texas real fast elect a Democrat governor. You would not of the gun rights we gained in this session. It will take a lot for me not to support Governor Abbott in 2022, because if a Democrat steals the election Texas and the U.S. will be in a lot more trouble than we are in.
View Quote

I'll vote for him in a general election against any democrat, just like I've been doing.

But if a better alternative appears in the primaries, I'll do what I always do.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What candidate is going to balance the budget, stop Texas from becoming blue, and giving the biggest fuck you to the federal government?

That's the candidate I will vote for.

Abbott screwed up during 2020. Just like all the other 49 governors did. We were all duped once, but who's going to not let it happen again is my biggest concern. Is Abbot strong enough to say fuck you to Sleepy Joe and be prepared to defend Texas and it's people against an overstepping federal government? When the government money stops flowing as punishment, who will stand strong?
View Quote

Abbott just did on the border wall and trying to secure the Mexico/Texas border.

I hated wearing a mask, Abbott due to Texas being the second mostly populous state, with 4 of the largest ten cities could not error a lot when Covid first hit. He put a ‘mask mandate’ but no fines or jail time attached to it. This pissed off the libTARD county judges in Harris, Travis, Dallas and Bexar counties because they could not lock those counties down tight. Also opened the state back up pretty quickly, he even made sure the Capitol was not shut down completely like Florida still is.

Yesterday driving back from the RGV I saw quite a few Huffines billboards. Many sound good, but some need more thought. I saw one a couple of times that said ‘abolish property taxes’ sounds real good but that money needs to come from someplace either an income tax or raising sales tax to 15-16%. Now one thing we do need is to get property taxes under control especially when property values are going are going up like they are.

Problem with both Huffines and West is both only served one term in their elected office, losing in their re-election. At least with Abbott you know exactly what you will get, after 8 years as AG and 8 years as governor.

Just remember GOVERNOR BETO!!!! He would be a bigger shithead than Newscum, Cuomo and Stretchin Gretchen put together.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Abbott just did on the border wall and trying to secure the Mexico/Texas border.

I hated wearing a mask, Abbott due to Texas being the second mostly populous state, with 4 of the largest ten cities could not error a lot when Covid first hit. He put a ‘mask mandate’ but no fines or jail time attached to it. This pissed off the libTARD county judges in Harris, Travis, Dallas and Bexar counties because they could not lock those counties down tight. Also opened the state back up pretty quickly, he even made sure the Capitol was not shut down completely like Florida still is.
View Quote

Securing the boarder by turning everyone over to ICE who then gives them either 3 hots and a cot or gives them a court date they neve show up and all on mine and your dime.

He should have never mandated masks, period. Just because ever other governor is locking their state down doesn't mean we have to.

Shutting down everything while Walmart remained open and all in the name of a virus with 99.97% recovery rate? Does he not understand that alot of people lost their jobs because of it? Now we can't get enough people to go back to work to man a Whataburger because unemployment was thrown around like singles at the titty bar.

It's a snowball that was started and now can't be stopped. I'm not a politician by any means and I understand you're more composed than me. I am simply a Texan who is pissed off at everyone from my local government to the very top. I am past my prime but now I am looking out for my kids future. The future in which it leads to chains and slavery.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yesterday driving back from the RGV I saw quite a few Huffines billboards. Many sound good, but some need more thought. I saw one a couple of times that said ‘abolish property taxes’ sounds real good but that money needs to come from someplace either an income tax or raising sales tax to 15-16%. Now one thing we do need is to get property taxes under control especially when property values are going are going up like they are.

Problem with both Huffines and West is both only served one term in their elected office, losing in their re-election. At least with Abbott you know exactly what you will get, after 8 years as AG and 8 years as governor.

Just remember GOVERNOR BETO!!!! He would be a bigger shithead than Newscum, Cuomo and Stretchin Gretchen put together.
View Quote

Who cares about population or counties?  The correct action was no action.

Not pandering to Karen and "reaching across the aisle".
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you would rather have Governor Beto or some other Democrat? I would rather have a governor that does the right thing 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So, you would rather have Governor Beto or some other Democrat? I would rather have a governor that does the right thing 95% of the time.
View Quote

You have been down in Austin for some time and within the legislative circles correct? What is the overall feeling about Abbott and his ability to keep Texas, Texas?

I am thinking 10-20yrs in the future, not next year. What can we do to insure my kids future?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You have been down in Austin for some time and within the legislative circles correct? What is the overall feeling about Abbott and his ability to keep Texas, Texas?
View Quote

How does a governor keep Texas, Texas?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#20]
It's almost impossible to defeat a sitting governor in a primary race.

I can't remember when I've read about this happening.  Now if they are very unpopular sometimes they won't run for re-election.  Or they will have a nasty primary race which they win, but the party is fractured enough that the other side wins in the general.

Offhand, the only similar situation I remember is when Arland Spector, Senator from PA was defeated in the 2010 Democrat primary.  Hilariously, he had switched from the Republican party as he was going to have a hard time winning that race, and ended up losing the Democrat one anyway.

His replacement, Pat Toomy is known for pushing for the criminalization of private gun sales.  So getting rid of someone does not necessary mean it's an upgrade.  

It's very unlikely that a sitting governor, re-elected last time with ~58 percent of the vote, is going to lose a primary.  And from a gun standpoint, it's foolish to do anything but support both Abbott and Patrick and Paxton.  They have all been great on guns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am thinking 10-20yrs in the future, not next year. What can we do to insure my kids future?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The biggest problem IMO is bringing in too much high tech businesses. They bring the wrong people to Texas. The other problem is the Texas media, mostly TV stations, newspapers. The media goes out of it’s way to make conservatives look bad.

The Republican Party of Texas does a pretty bad job of explaining to people that have moved here why they should support the Republican Party.

How the Republican legislature feels about Abbott is they like him, they also like Patrick. The Republicans in the Capitol for the most part support both Abbott and Patrick.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How does a governor keep Texas, Texas?
View Quote

You know, like lead and help make legislation that prevents us from becoming California. Just a thought...
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The biggest problem IMO is bringing in too much high tech businesses. They bring the wrong people to Texas. The other problem is the Texas media, mostly TV stations, newspapers. The media goes out of it’s way to make conservatives look bad.

The Republican Party of Texas does a pretty bad job of explaining to people that have moved here why they should support the Republican Party.

How the Republican legislature feels about Abbott is they like him, they also like Patrick. The Republicans in the Capitol for the most part support both Abbott and Patrick.
View Quote

What can regular guys like myself do to help fight the invasion?

I personally would like to go after property taxes. As a business owner, they kill me every year. That and I would like to tie cement shoes to one particular appraisal district guy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You know, like lead and help make legislation that prevents us from becoming California. Just a thought...
View Quote

"make legislation that prevents us from becoming California"

um OK.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did I say that?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"make legislation that prevents us from becoming California"

um OK.

View Quote

Passing legislation that insures voter fraud won't happen is not legislation that keeps us from turning into California?

Passing legislation to keep Texas drilling oil out of the ground and not turn into a California "everything causes cancer" so we have to turn off your power for a few hours during the summer...
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What can regular guys like myself do to help fight the invasion?

I personally would like to go after property taxes. As a business owner, they kill me every year. That and I would like to tie cement shoes to one particular appraisal district guy.
View Quote

What everyone can do is communicate that the reason Texas is so great is because of the Republican Party, that we don’t want Texas to turn into a shithole like California because it is the Democrats that made California the shithole it is.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Where did I say that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say that?

If Abbott loses the primary the Democrats will see Texas and the Texas Republican Party as weak. High tech/hedge fund assholes will pump over $100 million in to Texas to elect Beto.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Passing legislation that insures voter fraud won't happen is not legislation that keeps us from turning into California?

Passing legislation to keep Texas drilling oil out of the ground and not turn into a California "everything causes cancer" so we have to turn off your power for a few hours during the summer...
View Quote

"How does a governor keep Texas, Texas?"

those are examples that answer the question.

Though I do not think you can legislate your way out of this. Everytime we make the state better for us, it is also better for a out-of-stater.

As Don says, we have to make sure they know why Texas is as good as it is, and it is not because we elect Dems. You would think this is obvious with no state-wide Dems in 25+ years, but .....
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If Abbott loses the primary the Democrats will see Texas and the Texas Republican Party as weak. High tech/hedge fund assholes will pump over $100 million in to Texas to elect Beto.
View Quote

Do you and your circle see him running?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I that money is coming no matter what.  We need to get behind whoever isn't Beto.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Though I do not think you can legislate your way out of this. Everytime we make the state better for us, it is also better for a out-of-stater.
View Quote

If you move here you cant vote for 20 years? That's a law I can get behind.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exit poll after exit poll shows folks moving here vote more conservative than natives.

The inconvenient truth is Native Texans voted Democrat for 150+ years. It was only the tech explosion in the 80s with out-of-staters coming here and NOT voting Democrat that changed things.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exit poll after exit poll shows folks moving here vote more conservative than natives.

The inconvenient truth is Native Texans voted Democrat for 150+ years. It was only the tech explosion in the 80s with out-of-staters coming here and NOT voting Democrat that changed things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Outside the big cities away from the border its extremely conservative but they want their subsidies too
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was also part of the national change of political parties.   The south used to vote Democrat, the NE generally Republican.  That started to change in the 68 election for president, with Texas still a Democrat holdout, voting with NY in that election.

Main point - no comedian with about 0 percent name recognition is going to win the primary against a sitting governor who was elected with close to 60% of the vote last election.  Your choices are going to be to either a strong Abbott in the general election, riding a unified party that delivered conservative polices this session, and good economic growth, or a fractured and divided party if a primary opponent gains some traction and Monday morning QB's what should have been done about the Wuhan virus.  With no guarantee that Pranter / West / Fill in the blank wouldn't have done the exact same things.  

As above, I remember when PA conservatives celebrated getting rid of A Spector - to have P Toomy in there who's done nothing except whine about private gun sales for the past 10 years.  Grass is always greener!
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better chance yes than no. Bob the Fake Mexican is showing up like ‘the hero’ on libTARD media sources. He was in Austin today pushing for loosening the controls on voting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now high tech people today are a lot different than the tech people from the 80’s. Most are Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, these are the same people that came into California in the 80’s/90’s became citizens and voted liberal Democrat in California. Since Arnold California has been a one party state.

15 years ago I moved to Wilco because I hate Democrats so much that I wanted to live in a Republican county. Now 2 of our 3 House members are Democrats and so is our sheriff. The change was a lot of immigrants moving here, many to work in high tech.

Now I do think that whites and many Hispanics that move here from California, New York etc vote Republican. Many Hispanics have finally figured out that the we do better with Republican leaders. McAllen just elected their first Republican mayor in over 60+ years,
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Better chance yes than no. Bob the Fake Mexican is showing up like ‘the hero’ on libTARD media sources. He was in Austin today pushing for loosening the controls on voting.
View Quote

Hard to see that turd winning.

Off year elections usually favor the out of White House party.

Abbotts was re-elected with 56% of the vote last election, in a generally good Democrat year.

Beta-male couldn't even beat Cruz.  Hard to see him winning next year, in a less favorable year, and against a less typecast opponent.

It'll be a hoot to see the Houston Comic go from Against Abbott (2014) to For Abbott (2018) to Against Abbott (2022) - all based on if he has a semi-viable challenger.  If not, they support him, so then they can later say "You've changed man.  You used to be nice but now you're all extreme and meanie and we don't like you anymore".
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Abbotts was re-elected with 56% of the vote last election, in a generally good Democrat year.

Beta-male couldn't even beat Cruz.  Hard to see him winning next year, in a less favorable year, and against a less typecast opponent.

It'll be a hoot to see the Houston Comic go from Against Abbott (2014) to For Abbott (2018) to Against Abbott (2022) - all based on if he has a semi-viable challenger.  If not, they support him, so then they can say "You've changed man.  You used to be nice but now you're all extreme and meanie and we don't like you anymore".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'll be a hoot to see the Houston Comic go from Against Abbott (2014) to For Abbott (2018) to Against Abbott (2022) - all based on if he has a semi-viable challenger.  If not, they support him, so then they can say "You've changed man.  You used to be nice but now you're all extreme and meanie and we don't like you anymore".

The chance of Beto winning against Abbott is super slim, BUT if Abbott is primaried and loses the other 3 trying to run have no name recognition, a one term congressman, a one term state senator, or a guy I never heard of. Against those three Beto’s name is out there a lot more.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#40]
True, but I don't see Abbott losing the primary.  As above, A Spector is the only big name Gov / Senator I can remember losing a primary.

A nasty primary fight that splits and weakens the R party is a bigger chance and concern.  From a gun rights standpoint Abbott has been great, so no reason to do anything but support him next year.

Then, if Milk Carton Cornyn doesn't run in 26, swap his worthless self out for Abbott who would be an upgrade.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about those of us who moved here and are conservative? I find I'm much further right than alot of born raised Texans I have met. Frankly I'm surprised how liberal and left wing many homegrown Texans are.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It was also part of the national change of political parties.   The south used to vote Democrat, the NE generally Republican.  That started to change in the 68 election for president, with Texas still a Democrat holdout, voting with NY in that election.

Main point - no comedian with about 0 percent name recognition is going to win the primary against a sitting governor who was elected with close to 60% of the vote last election.  Your choices are going to be to either a strong Abbott in the general election, riding a unified party that delivered conservative polices this session, and good economic growth, or a fractured and divided party if a primary opponent gains some traction and Monday morning QB's what should have been done about the Wuhan virus.  With no guarantee that Pranter / West / Fill in the blank wouldn't have done the exact same things.  

As above, I remember when PA conservatives celebrated getting rid of A Spector - to have P Toomy in there who's done nothing except whine about private gun sales for the past 10 years.  Grass is always greener!
View Quote

I was raised in Pennsylvania by a strict conservative family,that has roots in Texas . Pennsylvania is loaded with fudds,rinos and backstabbing constituents . There is a huge difference in rural conservative and urban in Pennsylvania.
 Pat Toomey was always a rino just like 90 percent of the so called Republicans.  A gun club I belonged to actually had Obama signs up back then,many of the older membership voted for the end of 3 gun ,uspsa and ipsic. These events  brought money in to the club. But there was a group who didn't believe ownership of those types of guns. That isn't the only club like that so it tells you how they vote.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top