Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:35:02 PM EDT
We barely got a snow cover now, and predicted up to 36 degrees this weekend. At the end of December?  Trying hard to remember last time Washburn Co didn't have a white Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We barely got a snow cover now, and predicted up to 36 degrees this weekend. At the end of December?  Trying hard to remember last time Washburn Co didn't have a white Christmas.
View Quote
Same here in Vilas. Snowmobile trails should've opened monday of this week. No opening date in sight as of now. We have about 5" on the ground. Normally it's double that, if not more. But with 40s & sunny coming this weekend, it'll be mostly gone by monday.

The Weather Channel website is showing colder & snowy for us, beginning on Sunday the 23rd and lasting a few days.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it’s supposed to warm up a little this weekend. Not sure if it will be enough to get rid of all of what we have.

If the roads clear up I might take the Camaro to the car wash.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
For as fricking cold as all of November was, it's going to be pretty disappointing to not have a white Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Always counted on the snow to cover up the leaves that didn't get raked, and brag to old Pa. friends how freaking cold/snowy it was.  At least got to rehang steel at the range, which saves some hurry next spring.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I am sorry guys.  I bought a new ATV for snow plowing this year.  I guess I screwed the snow for this year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am sorry guys.  I bought a new ATV for snow plowing this year.  I guess I screwed the snow for this year.
View Quote
Double whammy...so did I.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#7]
If i drink enough irish coffe Christmas morn, maybe won't notice the yard is brown again
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If i drink enough irish coffe Christmas morn, maybe won't notice the yard is brown again
View Quote
The heck with Irish coffee,  Bushmills Black label would be faster.  Darn I just remembered I have to drive Christmas day
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Noticed my lilacs starting to bud.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Saved by the bell, actually shoveled bout an inch off the walk.  Covers the unraked leaves nicely.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Saved by the bell, actually shoveled bout an inch off the walk.  Covers the unraked leaves nicely.
View Quote
We got about the same, maybe even 2" new by now, to cover the 1-2" of frozen solid "old" snow we still had. Enough new snow on the driveway this morning that the shovels get a rest and the plow gets a workout.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We got about the same, maybe even 2" new by now, to cover the 1-2" of frozen solid "old" snow we still had. Enough new snow on the driveway this morning that the shovels get a rest and the plow gets a workout.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To hell with the SNOW how much ICE is there I want to head up and fish! Shawano lake is still open in the center! With ice depths ranging from 2" to 10"
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got to eagle river  . Snow flurries to north of Portage. Nothing here falling from the sky. 2 or 3 inches on the ground and 25f no sun.
Ice shanties out in muskilung lake in the middle.  Fishing away...
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I was shocked this korning when I got up and saw snow.  Not enough to plow but a white Christmas none the less.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

To hell with the SNOW how much ICE is there I want to head up and fish! Shawano lake is still open in the center! With ice depths ranging from 2" to 10"
View Quote
Most lakes have at least 5", last I heard. Hasn't been above freezing for at least a week, teens every night, and with no snow to insulate it, it can grow an inch everyday. But connecting channels or other areas with a current are still open water, and will be until we get some below zero temps. Open water outside the marina where the wife works, but that's on a connecting channel and always freezes up late.

I haven't fished before mid-January in decades. If I can't drive out on my snowmobile, I don't go. This year I have a side-by-side UTV, and it weighs double what my snowmobile does. All my hunting/fishing buddies are down south for Christmas.  When they get back up here and go out on the ice I'll let you know how thick it is.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Right now the only ice fishing around here is...

Stole this pic from google but it does display the proper fishing reward with no bag limit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top