Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2019 4:45:06 PM EDT
I made a thread like this before but it got archived. I found my certificate from the class, I thought I gave the original to the police and never got it back.

Especially I want to be able to carry in TX since I have family there, but would like to carry as many states as possible too.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I made a thread like this before but it got archived. I found my certificate from the class, I thought I gave the original to the police and never got it back.

Especially I want to be able to carry in TX since I have family there, but would like to carry as many states as possible too.

Thanks.
View Quote
Even though a lot of states have cracked down on non-resident carry permit reciprocity, UT and FL are probably still 2 of the best non-resident permits to have.  IIRC, ND class 1 resident permits have the most reciprocal states of any permit but reciprocity drops down to around the same number for non-residents and the drawback is you need to take the certification class/test in ND.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
For a MN permit holder,

AZ adds: WY, NM, TX, GA, DE, WV*

UT adds: WA, WY, TX, GA, DE, WV*

FL adds: WY, NM TX, GA, FL, DE, WV*

*Constitutional carry state, so probably moot.

UT will require you to take a class from a UT certified instructor. FL will give you the most overall states and is good for 7 years, but costs slightly more and requires a photo in addition to fingerprints. If you mainly care about TX, AZ is probably the least hassle: $60, fingerprints, good for 5 years

Sources:
https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
http://www.handgunlaw.us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top