Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2020 1:50:32 PM EDT
Any suggestions without getting too far outside the metroplex? Looking for both rifle and pistol, don't need anything past 100 yards.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Garland Public Shooting Range.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any suggestions without getting too far outside the metroplex? Looking for both rifle and pistol, don't need anything past 100 yards.
View Quote

DFW is a big place, where are you generally located, how far are you willing to drive, would you like a members only range, 100yrd, 200yrd, 275yrd, plenty of short ranges for rifles. a retarded amount of new pistol ranges, supposedly some skeet, sporting clays and five stand that doesn't cost much more than  $100 a year?  Can you provide a pic that you are legal to own a firearm, mind following rules, or want to do your own thing?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
CCC down past Benbrook.

Check it out. It's worth it!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

DFW is a big place, where are you generally located, how far are you willing to drive, would you like a members only range, 100yrd, 200yrd, 275yrd, plenty of short ranges for rifles. a retarded amount of new pistol ranges, supposedly some skeet, sporting clays and five stand that doesn't cost much more than  $100 a year?  Can you provide a pic that you are legal to own a firearm, mind following rules, or want to do your own thing?
View Quote

I'd love to hear about this place. I'm located in Mansfield and don't mind a drive.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd love to hear about this place. I'm located in Mansfield and don't mind a drive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's got to be a catch.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does this mean only LTC holders are allowed to shoot at this special cool guy range?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Does this mean only LTC holders are allowed to shoot at this special cool guy range?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious myself about this range eutopia, where does such a place exist?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Sidebar:  Did Gibson's Outpost ever shutdown or get sold?  I remember they put the land/range up for sale about a year ago.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sidebar:  Did Gibson's Outpost ever shutdown or get sold?  I remember they put the land/range up for sale about a year ago.
View Quote

Website says they open tomorrow, but this statement is either poorly written or they've changed their rules because they have pictures on their site of ARs.

"We do not allow any shotgun or shotgun ammo, no AR15, SKS or AK style pistols"
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Website says they open tomorrow, but this statement is either poorly written or they've changed their rules because they have pictures on their site of ARs.

"We do not allow any shotgun or shotgun ammo, no AR15, SKS or AK style pistols"
View Quote

Yeah...  they've always been low-intelligence FUDDS.  I would in no way recommend them as a place to go, since I stopped going there 20+ years ago.  I was just curious.

I'm guessing that they're still open because they can't find a sucker buyer.  I'm sure they're asking way too much considering most of the property is a flood plain.    And I can't imagine anyone these days wants the liability of an outdoor gun range in Dallas County.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It has not sold as of two weeks ago.  They are still closed on Friday and Monday.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious as well Sounds ideal for most of what I want to do.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:00:18 AM EDT
[#13]
@YourAlterEgo went off to never return
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
@MNSwede There are likely better places out there for you.  You changed your verbiage a small bit.  You could have said "interesting", "thanks", or any number of things, but editing to remove I fucked off.. that is intardesting.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Triple C in Cresson.  Everything from Pistol bays to 2000 yards.  It’s not cheap but it’s nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top