Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2018 4:38:19 PM EDT
Stopped in with a friend to do some shooting. Looked at the inventory first, and my friend asked what he has to do to get a handgun license in Westchester.

Guy started off fine...but when he said you needed a safety course, I said "that is true in some counties, but did you know that it's not actually required by NYS law to take a safety course?"

He said that was terrible and all counties should require a training course. I told him it should be up to the gun owner to learn safety and train, and that most safety courses don't really do anything. Just another hoop to jump through to discourage handgun ownership.

He didn't like that. Probably because he makes $ off the training scheme.

Then he continued to say "and after your 4th handgun, they do a safety inspection of your home and check that you have a safe."

I laughed and said "also true, but really in Westchester only...and obviously a violation of the 4th amendment, right?"

He also didn't like that. "Everyone who owns guns should have to submit to a home safety inspection...for the kids...blah blah..."

WTF.

That and ONE of their range officers is ALWAYS a god damn nosey asshole. Always bursting into your lane "are those pinned mags" "does he have a pistol permit" and constantly bothering you about every little thing. Basically being a range nazi.

The other guys there are pretty cool, but these two have caused them to lose my business.

Anyway, rant over. Fuck statist anti gun idiots who don't even know the laws.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless that is the only gun store for like 100 miles that would be the end of me doing business there. Fuck that guy officially. I'm glad he gets to decide if I am special enough to own firearms. And his knowledge of guns laws would give me lots of confidence doing business with them. Holy herp and derp.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
He's been living down state so long he thinks  their ass backwards ways are normal
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Generation after generation of indoctrination.  Gun owners in NY many times are their own worst enemy.  I knew too many fuds and old time democrats that swore the democrats where not after our guns. It wasn't till the unsafe act passed that a few of them woke up but many where fine with it. Part of me wishes the ammo background check went into effect as that was the part that would have directly affected many of the fuds. People have lived their whole lives under the bull shit oppressiveness of NY that they just have no idea what the rest of the country is like.

After I moved to PA I literally had to prove to some of my friends and family what is legal here as far as nfa items and that you can buy a pistol with no permit and no bullshit registration. That I could spend 20 minutes applying for my carry license and receive it in the mail less than 3 weeks later. Show them some videos from the machine gun rental shooting range 15 minutes from my house. It is a completely different world only 2 hrs away from where I lived in NY.

Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No Kidding.
This place is about 30 minutes due south of me.  I got a real kick out of seeing the blueprints for the shooting range back in 2001.
Freedom Armory is a Class II Manufacturer.  This means that not only can they Sell Machine Guns and other goodies Banned In New Jerk, he can Lawfully Build them.

ETA: Yes, you can lawfully rent machine guns there.

I bought their Minuteman back on November.  I estimate Official Transfer mid-April

Freedom Armory - Submachine Guns
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are pretty common beliefs by most gun owners in NY
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No Kidding.
This place is about 30 minutes due south of me.  I got a real kick out of seeing the blueprints for the shooting range back in 2001.
Freedom Armory is a Class II Manufacturer.  This means that not only can they Sell Machine Guns and other goodies Banned In New Jerk, he can Lawfully Build them.

ETA: Yes, you can lawfully rent machine guns there.

I bought their Minuteman back on November.  I estimate Official Transfer mid-April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np0QmAG--8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqAz-Lj7TpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXU954nXrA
View Quote
I also found out after moving here that PA has some of the highest nfa ownership in the country.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stopped in with a friend to do some shooting. Looked at the inventory first, and my friend asked what he has to do to get a handgun license in Westchester.

Guy started off fine...but when he said you needed a safety course, I said "that is true in some counties, but did you know that it's not actually required by NYS law to take a safety course?"

He said that was terrible and all counties should require a training course. I told him it should be up to the gun owner to learn safety and train, and that most safety courses don't really do anything. Just another hoop to jump through to discourage handgun ownership.

He didn't like that. Probably because he makes $ off the training scheme.

Then he continued to say "and after your 4th handgun, they do a safety inspection of your home and check that you have a safe."

I laughed and said "also true, but really in Westchester only...and obviously a violation of the 4th amendment, right?"

He also didn't like that. "Everyone who owns guns should have to submit to a home safety inspection...for the kids...blah blah..."

WTF.

That and ONE of their range officers is ALWAYS a god damn nosey asshole. Always bursting into your lane "are those pinned mags" "does he have a pistol permit" and constantly bothering you about every little thing. Basically being a range nazi.

The other guys there are pretty cool, but these two have caused them to lose my business.

Anyway, rant over. Fuck statist anti gun idiots who don't even know the laws.
View Quote
I live like 2 minutes from that place, barely go there because I have had a few of those encounters, throw his name here. The only way they are surviving is because they get contract for depts to train there, I stopped going for a while because every time I went, there was always a dept training in the bigger range. They never have some of the guns either, and you definitely pay a premium for guns there, even the blue label ones. Retarded.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never been there and would never do business with someone like that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Every shop around me is always the exact opposite of that.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Vote with your dollars don't go there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top