Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2020 1:14:00 AM EDT
I think the wife and I might take the kids and run over to Cape Canaveral to watch the rescheduled Space X launch on Saturday afternoon.

Anyone found a good spot to watch from? We live in the Tampa area so we would just be guessing.

Forecast looks like there’s a chance of rain so it might be scrubbed again.

What’s a good beach to hit while we’re there?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Shit, was crawling in bed and remembered to post. Should have scanned the first page.

My bad.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
IF you can find a spot, along US-1 in Titusville would be your best location to see the launch.

As far as beaches goes, go to Cocoa Beach (SR 520 to A1A South), park at Ron Jon's and walk to the beach. As good as any and a not bad place to watch the rocket go up, though not nearly as good as Titusville.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure how it is to watch the launch from there now, but nine years ago my wife and I watched the last space shuttle launch from Space View Park.  We decided to go on a whim and got in a day early, woke up real early the morning of the launch and got to the park and set up chairs pretty close to the front.  I think it was like a 15 mile straight shot across the water to the launch pad.

Good vantage point for us.  We had an awesome time.  People from all over the world where there watching and we met a ton of people.  Crowd was awesome and everyone one was friendly   There was one guy who was in the very front, near the water, that had a pop-up canopy. Well someone asked him if he could take it down, he said no.   Well that started the people behind us to start chanting “Take it down”.  I figured at anytime the crowd in the back was going to bum rush towards the front and dude was going to end up in the water, with his canopy.   Some cops showed up and talked to the guy   He took the canopy down.  

It got crowded quick and traffic comes to a stop.  The bridge near the park, dont know the name, gets closed and it fills up with people.  Parking cost us like $20, but we didn’t mind.  There was a Burger King nearby my wife got breakfast and coffee at, but we carried in a cooler with sandwiches and drinks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top