Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2023 8:36:05 PM EDT
Attending a day conference in mid September, downtown at the Hyatt Place North Shore.
Asked about staying and the rooms are $500+ (Per night) even with my rewards membership.
Um, no. I’m not quite one of the poors but I’m not spending that.

Being I’ve never been to Pittsburgh, I don’t know the areas to stay in or stay out of.

I don’t mind the 20-30 minute drive, average 180-220 a night.

What sez the hive?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:47:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secamp32] [#1]
I haven't been to Pittsburgh since my son graduated 3 or 4 years ago but you can look in the area of
Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square, 300 W Station Square Dr, Pittsburgh or
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, 20 S 10th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
They were decent areas and probably 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.
We used to stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead, which is Costco adjacent but is probably 30 minutes.
My experience is limited but I can tell you to stay out of Wilkinsburg.  I almost had to pull my gun in the parking lot at a CVS in Wilkinsburg.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I would stay North of the river to avoid bridge(s) traffic.  Maybe Ross Township or Wexford?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#3]
We have stayed at Watefront area several times and hotels were reasonable
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Spring Hill Suites in Mt Lebanon

Take the “T” in to downtown and back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I stayed in the hotel directly across the street from PNC park a few years ago. I remember it being pretty darn nice and not expensive. Gubment rate though…

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top