Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 3:58:01 PM EDT
Getting a new shotgun for xmas so getting rid of one of the ones I don't shoot that often.

Is Texas Gun Trader and Armslist pretty much it for selling FTF via the internet? It's been 5+ years since I sold anything that wasn't to a buddy/coworker.

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun show. Sell here in the EE. Gunbroker
Pretty easy doing it yourself
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Texas guntrader. Pretty easy as long as you are not selling black rifles, that brings out the weirdos. I use it a lot for boltguns and shotguns.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
armslist now charges to sell and buy and it was pretty bad before when it was free.  don't expect it to be any better now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I use TexasGunTrader primarily and have good success selling on there for a decent price.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
armslist now charges to sell and buy and it was pretty bad before when it was free.  don't expect it to be any better now.
View Quote

Yep, got charged last month to "upgrade" my account on Armslist but it never gave me access. Filed a complaint and they never got back to me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
List it on the EE as FTF only.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Texas Gun Trader, no issues.

Texas Hunting Forum is another good place to try.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Texas Gun Talk is another. I've bought from Trader but no luck selling there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Almost all my sales have been at local gunshows, to acquaintances, or through the EE here.

I'm about to try out TX Gun Trader for selling though.  We'll see how it goes.

@Austin4130

What ya getting rid of?  Unless you are in Austin, in which case you would have to ship.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had great success with Texas Gun Trader.  No issues whatsoever.

Tips...

*  Only sell local FTF
*  Have at least onc phone conversation before meeting.  Establish good comms.
*  Deal in cash
*  Take a buddy with you
*  Meet in a well lit public place
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have had great success with Texas Gun Trader.  No issues whatsoever.

Tips...

*  Only sell local FTF
*  Have at least onc phone conversation before meeting.  Establish good comms.
*  Deal in cash
*  Take a buddy with you
*  Meet in a well lit public place
View Quote

Agreed 100% - Only had one sale back when I was in Austin that I had to back out of, that the guy (hispanic, gangbanger looking, shitty communicator) got pissed that I wouldn't go through with it because I didn't like the whole setup.

Fucker tried to shove some cash at me and grab the case and walk away. Lifted my shirt to show the butt of a pistol and he almost looked like he wanted to throw down but he stomped away.

Learned to arrive a little early, park in a way that you can be aware of your surroundings, and drive off if your spidey senses tell you to.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I've sold a few on texas gun trader with relative ease.  Also just walking around local gun shows.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
List it on the EE as FTF only.
View Quote

that too
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
i've used TGT for years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top