Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 4:24:56 PM EDT
BIL may be transferring to a refinery in CC this spring. Sister is excited to get out of the cold of Midwest. I know very little of CC as I was usually on a boat fishing when I went there.

He is a senior IT type and I think he makes a pretty good living, not million dollar house type but above average.

Any ideas on where to look for a home there that I can pass on would be appreciated. He has about an hour commute now so something in that range. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Calallen still has some nice areas, and is not unreasonably far from the refineries.

What is their general price range?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d guess $3-400K.
Not sure if they are looking to downsize.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
3 to 400k he can live on the island if he doesn't mind a 25 minute drive to work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If he's used to an hour commute, pretty much anywhere in the Corpus area is less than an hour from the refineries.  In the $300-500k price range look on the south side in the Lakes and Kings Crossing area, or near but not on Ocean Drive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for replies all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top