Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2021 10:47:25 PM EDT
Granted, it’s been years since I bought used ammo cans and I know that the prices has gone up on them, but before I hit the big box stores to pay $20 for a .50 cal and $18 for a .30 cal cans.  

With that said, I was wondering if there is a place that sales used ammo can within the Seattle/Tacoma area?  I saw a few rusted to hell .30 cal. cans in Renton for $15 a pop.  

Now, with all the craziness with ammo and the uncertainty of the future policies from this administration, I’ve been consolidating and inventorying all my ammunition.  Being a retired Army 19K, USGI ammo cans are the best way to store AND inventory ammo.  

If worse comes to worse, than it’s the big box stores for the steel ammo cans and screw those plastic “ammo cans,” they suck.

Thanks for any leads!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck! Had you asked this a couple months ago, you'd have been in luck. I have sold off about 125 of my 50 cal cans. But, I think I'm now down to a manageable number.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Try the Foxhole military surplus store in Tillicum
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try the Foxhole military surplus store in Tillicum
View Quote

Owner of that place can pound sand. Last time I was there they demanded I display a vaxx passport or stay out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys…  l’ll just bend over and hit the big box stores.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Not local and availability is hit and miss, but I’ve had good luck with these guys:

https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/ammo-cans-containers/
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Military Surplus and Collectables in Tillicum is my go to.  Worth a call...no vax passports there!
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Harbor Freight has new 50 cal can's for 12.00 - 14.99 on occasion.  Seem as good as any others
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]
There is usually a guy with a pallet of very good condition cans at the Monroe WAC gun show. Sometimes you can select for caliber markings that match what you’re storing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Man I remember the days good used 50cal cans were $5.. Wish I picked up a lot of them back then.

Well if you want new cans, I'd hit Harbor Freight.. just watch their website for sales. I see them go on sale all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top