Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2022 6:09:43 PM EDT
Stopped at the Big Biscuit off Barry Road after an early doctor appointment.  It was like a comedy of errors.  The large sugar container was filled with salt.  They brought us new coffee.  Her eggs were way undercooked, they brought new ones.  My sausage patties took a serious effort to cut.  The dog lucked out with that.  I felt bad for the waitress, every time she walked by the table something needed fixed.  I had the feeling that nobody cared.  Not our normal experience there.  She was already bummed out that her long time Doctor was retiring.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is this? Out by KC?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
We have been very lucky on finding good kitchen staff. Servers, not so much. Not to mention not getting something or multiple things every week because of shortages. Your experience there is probably the new normal now unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never liked that place. Too many small town diners to eat at.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
There is one in Lawrence KS according to the company web site.

The rest are in KC.   3 North of the river and 10 south of the river.  

The IHOP on 64th Street is closed down.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Always liked going to the one on 40 hwy in Independence, but haven't been in awhile. Hopefully they'll have good staff when I get to go back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#8]
seems mediocre is the pinnacle these days, which is why I eat out even less often than before. GF likes to go out, or it would be almost never.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer Roxannes to Big Biscuit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I was surprised to see on down in Springfield last week.  Looks like they tried to grow big and bombed which is what happens a lot of the time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It happened with Fuddruckers, they completely imploded. They shrank by 75-80% in a couple of months.
View Quote

Good example. I remember when those were everywhere down in the southern part of the state. Not sure I know of one still open.

Looks like Branson still has the one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you ever get up North to St. Joseph try Betty's in the South End!

Damn good Biscuits & Gravy, also the best eggs Benedict I've ever had (they use a thick slice of ham instead of Canadian Bacon)
View Quote
I'll give them a try.  I'm out here again on orders at Rosecrans.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure there is still one at the Legends

Years ago there was one on Noland Rd. and over on Metcalf Ave.
View Quote

I remember the one on Metcalf, I think it was by the Jeep dealership.  It's funny to think of all those places that used to be around, White Castle, Tippins, The black eyed pea, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The hell of it is I really miss all you listed
View Quote

Yeah I remember Tippins as a kid and there at Bannister mall there were several places we used to go.  It's amazing to think back to what all was built there and leveled in a fairly short time frame.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We ate at the Big Biscuit in Lawrence two or three times.

When we stay in KC, we go to Caleb's on Red Bridge Road.

View Quote

Is that around Holmes or wornall?  Back in the day there was a long gone restaurant named Whisker Rivey's.

There was a story on one of the KC stations about a chinese place in south KC called princess garden.  I know it's been there 30+ years and they've announced they're closing the restaurant due to their kids not wanting to take it over.  The kids had cushy office jobs and would not have to work as hard as their parents and grandparents did running the restaurant.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
SW corner of Red Bridge Road and Holmes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We ate at the Big Biscuit in Lawrence two or three times.

When we stay in KC, we go to Caleb's on Red Bridge Road.

Is that around Holmes or wornall?  Back in the day there was a long gone restaurant named Whisker Rivey's.

There was a story on one of the KC stations about a chinese place in south KC called princess garden.  I know it's been there 30+ years and they've announced they're closing the restaurant due to their kids not wanting to take it over.  The kids had cushy office jobs and would not have to work as hard as their parents and grandparents did running the restaurant.
SW corner of Red Bridge Road and Holmes.

Wife and I will have to try Caleb’s. Food looks great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top