Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2021 7:39:32 PM EDT
Yeah, we know its tiny. Just the way we like it. We relocated to North Utah for work last year, and finally closed on a house after putting 30 (30!!!) offers in. Starting the move up to Malad this weekend. Its still approximately the same commute distance for both of us.

Really looking forwards to getting settled in. What should we see and explore around the area?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
30 offers? On 30 different houses?

Never been to Malad so cant help you there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
30 offers? On 30 different houses?

Never been to Malad so cant help you there.
View Quote
Yep! To be fair, the vast majority were in Utah from Odgen north. We weren't willing to pay the 50k+ over asking many were willing to.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow....You’re right it’s a pretty quiet polygamist kinda town.   I only ever drove past Malad on I-15 going to Pocatello/ID Falls. Not much going on in that part of the world... lots of Mule deer back in the day. Logan isn’t all that far away....
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow....You're right it's a pretty quiet polygamist kinda town.   I only ever drove past Malad on I-15 going to Pocatello/ID Falls. Not much going on in that part of the world... lots of Mule deer back in the day. Logan isn't all that far away....
View Quote
Happily leaving Logan. Hah. Housing in Utah is beyond insane (trying to compete with CA?) and going to be more than happy to deal with the laws being a little more similar to AZ than Utah. Also gonna be nice to just have I-15 for the commute instead of up out of Logan to 15. Always manage to get stuck behind a semi doing 20 under and not able to pass due to oncoming traffic.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn’t they widen Sardine Canyon?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you feel about wife swapping?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Welcome to northern most part of northern Utah!
Malad is a pretty nice place but it really is more like Northern Utah than Idaho. At least you don't have the emissions and inspection rent seeking bullshit of the plebs to the south.

ETA: to answer your question: Nothing, there is nothing to do and see around Malad.
View Quote

Yeah, after a few interactions at local stores, its going to be an interesting place to live, but far more our speed than Logan. And uh....sane alcohol laws. Put in about 400 feet of post/tposts on the new place today. Got the fence half-pulled before we got rained out, but hey, such is life. Need to get the better half linked up with the local Vollys - she wants to pick up a few shifts on the ambulance outside her day job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top