Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a common house cat.
View Quote

I think this too.

It caught a nice rat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If it’s a house cat then I guess it will be the coyote’s dinner!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not necessarily.
Our game cameras pick up quite a few cats and coyotes all year long.
The feral cats around our place last for years, but I rarely see the same coyotes for more than two years.

We have pictures of the cats chasing off coyotes, there was even one cat that tried to chase me off my own property.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Puma
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.
The feral cats around our place last for years, but I rarely see the same coyotes for more than two years.

We have pictures of the cats chasing off coyotes, there was even one cat that tried to chase me off my own property.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

LOL wow. So this morning a huge rat that looks like it was in that cat’s mouth, was laying outside my RV door.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL wow. So this morning a huge rat that looks like it was in that cat’s mouth, was laying outside my RV door.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

I think she's trying to make friends with you
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Good kitty!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
<3 murder kittehs
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, the cat is telling you that you're a shitty hunter and is worried you're not eating enough.

As is cat tradition, this is a sign that you've been adopted.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Felis catus. Aka a Skinwalker.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, the cat is telling you that you're a shitty hunter and is worried you're not eating enough.

As is cat tradition, this is a sign that you've been adopted.
View Quote

LOL I love the Arizona HTF! I have plenty of rats for that cat to take out but my dogs won’t be too happy about it! My labs love to chase a rat.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

LOL I love the Arizona HTF! I have plenty of rats for that cat to take out but my dogs won’t be too happy about it! My labs love to chase a rat.
View Quote

Where is this, anyway? Any chance the cat has a nearby owner?

That really is what the cat is doing, BTW. And it's exactly what they do when they're adopting someone.

We had one that would call us to eat one of its toys at 3AM. Vet told us to "eat" the toy and the cat would stop once it
thought we were eating enough. It worked.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where is this, anyway? Any chance the cat has a nearby owner?

That really is what the cat is doing, BTW. And it's exactly what they do when they're adopting someone.

We had one that would call us to eat one of its toys at 3AM. Vet told us to "eat" the toy and the cat would stop once it
thought we were eating enough. It worked.
View Quote

There may be an owner but I haven’t seen one. I am fairly remote but a few hundred acres away there is a small farm.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There may be an owner but I haven’t seen one. I am fairly remote but a few hundred acres away there is a small farm.
View Quote

OK, that explains it. I bet it's a farm cat, which are used to getting rats.

FWIW, common house cats in the wild can have a crazy large territory and a few hundred acres away is nothing. I live in
the forest and two of the neighbor's cats are outdoor cats and my game cams catch them at night several days a week --
and the neighbors are a half mile away over very rugged terrain. I'm sure I'm far from the most distant they go, but just
reaching me means their territory is at least 2,000 acres.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top