Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2020 7:26:25 PM EDT
Where they send you a text and ask you to respond to their email.  If you respond to the text it won't deliver.  The last time I listed something I got 3 of them within like 5 minutes of listing the item almost the exact same message but they came from different phone no.s and had different email address's.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never gotten that one with KSL listings. Universally, I get a couple of "Is the (exact quote of my listing) still available." Since you never know if it's real, I always respond and then I get the, "Okay, I'll have my agent come over with a money order and pick it up."

A response of "cash only, in person" causes them to stop responding.

I'm trying to figure out the scam mechanism for what you mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Never had that one either.

Last year someone listed a scope for about 50% of what it should be worth.  I responded to the ad which said the seller was in Salt Lake. They responded and said they were down near lake powell but if I sent them funds via Paypal, they could ship it to me.  I have a friend who lives down there and asked if he could come look at it for me. They never responded.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got the same thing last week. I have a handful of MREs that no one in my family will eat so I put them up on KSL. Within about 15 minutes I have three texts all from different numbers, but basically asking the same thing - Respond to this email as my smart phone doesn't get texts. Odd grammar too, one called me Dear, one called me Honey. I only replied to the first, then got the "I will pay you extra - have my agent pick it up" BS and realized it was scammer BS. So tired of that crap, almost as bad a tire kickers and low ballers even when an ad says price is firm. Another thing, if you don't have enough money to pay the listed price, don't respond to an ad and ask a bunch of questions.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
For me it's why almost everything goes to DI.  It isn't worth the hassle.  Had some dick head ask me to give him my corsair RGB keyboard, mouse and mouse pad cause his sister has had such a bad year and she really like rgb stuff.  My scammer to honest person ratio is 7:0 at this point.  It's fucking pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For me it's why almost everything goes to DI.  It isn't worth the hassle.  Had some dick head ask me to give him my corsair RGB keyboard, mouse and mouse pad cause his sister has had such a bad year and she really like rgb stuff.  My scammer to honest person ratio is 7:0 at this point.  It's fucking pathetic.
View Quote

Pretty much my experience.
I do buy things all the time off of KSL, including two cars.
But unless someone else wants to list and filter things for me, i would rather give it away.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top